Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced Brewer - BS in Biology + Brewing Cert - Northern IL/Southern WI

Hi all,

I am relocating in mid-August to the greater Rockford, IL area for my partner's job. I'm looking for opportunities within an hour radius of Rockford.

I have near three years' experience working in Virginia Beach as a cellar person and brewer. During this time, I worked with our team to more than double production to a 10,000bbl/year capacity. Serving nearly every role including packaging, cellar and wort production, I can diagnose and fix a can seamer, replace a pump seal and CIP a tank all during lauter. We operate a 20bbl brewhouse with 16-40bbl FVs, 5-40bbl brites, 3-20bbl foeders and 4-20bbl sour side brites/soleras.

I am sad to be leaving but am nonetheless looking forward to a new opportunity. That's where I hope you come in.

I have a strong background in microbiology, having graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in Biology and Bioethics. I am also a graduated member of the American Brewers Guild where I completed their Intensive Brewing Science Course. My particular focus has been Quality Assurance and implementing tools and protocols for quality control and microbiological testing. That said, I also love working with mixed and wild cultures; I left a career path in synthetic biology as I much prefer the science of natural fermentation.

I appreciate all beer styles and have brewed a wide variety including IPAs, lagers, Belgian, sours, stouts and barrel/foeder aged beers. I have great respect for traditional beer styles and brewing techniques but also like to experiment and push boundaries.

If you're looking to add another person to your team, I hope you'll be in touch. I can provide you with a detailed resume and references upon request.

Best,
    Chris
    cvl3kd@virginia.edu
    Last edited by CLangguth; 05-31-2020, 04:17 PM.
Working...
X