Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Brewer with 8+ Years Experience

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to read over my post. I'm currently located in Northern Colorado, and am looking for a full time position in the Northern Colorado area as a Production Brewer/Brewer. I have eight years experience working in brew houses ranging from 2-10BBLs, experience with multi-batching 30BBL Uni-tanks, packaging (bottling/kegging/canning) experience, and barrel upkeep/blending.
    During my brewing career, I have helped produce beers that received multiple GABF awards (Bronze through Gold), and that have also received World Beer Cup (Silver) and local awards.
    For my formal education, I have a B.S. Degree in Fermentation Science at Colorado State University, which focused on brewing process, QA/QC, and biochemical processes. I worked directly with New Belgium Brewing Company employees with a sour beer multivariate study, along with being apart of a team that developed a yeast catalog using MALDI-ToF MS(Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time of Flight Mass Spec) for many local breweries that included Odell Brewing Company, Left Hand Brewing Company, and New Belgium Brewing Company.

My passion is in process and recipe development, along with implementation of QA/QC for sensory analysis. My career goals include brewing large scale, and working with a barrel program at a large scale production brewery, where I can also begin Six Sigma training. I still have much to learn, but I am confident that between my formal education and brewing/cellaring experience, I have a great deal of knowledge to bring to any brewery.

I have included my resume, along with a hyperlink to my LinkedIn Page.

Please feel free to contact me with questions at justin.burditt@gmail.com.

Thank you, and have a great rest of your day!

Justin Burditt
    justin.burditt@gmail.com
    (970) 402-7756
    Fort Collins, Colorado 80526

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-burditt

Education and Certifications:
    • B.S. in Fermentation Science and Technology– May 2017 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
      • TA for Brewing Process Class (2017), Independent Study for New Belgium Brewing Company (Multivariate Study on Sour Wort Fermentation), Development of MALDI-ToF Yeast Identification Catalog for Local Breweries
    • Associates of Science Degree - 2011 Front Range Community College, Fort Collins, CO
    • Certified Beer Server with the Cicerone Program
    • TIPS Certified

Professional Experience:

Head Brewer
    Soul Squared Brewing Company
    2018-Present
    Wellington, Colorado
    • Inventory Management and Order Requests, along with development of inventory management/keg tracking Excel programs
    • Recipe development for multiple Flagship Beers on a 10BBL system, ranging from Kettle Sours, Fruited Wheat, Lagers, Imperial Russian Stouts, and a variety of experimental styles
    • Experience with triple batching to fill 30BBL uni-tanks and 30BBL brite tanks
    • CSA Program Recipe Development for 5 BBL recipes
    • Development of Hard Seltzer drink line for packaging and taproom sale
    • Bottle and packaging experience on Meheen 6 Head Bottle Filler, along with canning experience
    • Creation and implementation of SOP’s for all activities in brew house
    • Application of GMP's and HACCP in the brew house for yeast propogation and maintaining overall yeast health
    • Representation at local brewing festivals, along with collaborations with local brewers

Head Brewer
    Dratz Brewing Company
    2017-2018
    Loveland, Colorado
    • Experience with construction of brewery (taproom, plumbing, brew house, glycol installation/management, refrigeration)
    • Experience brewing on a Colorado Brewing System 4BBL "Brew In A Bag" Style System
    • Recipe Development for multiple seasonal beers
    • Inventory Management that included: Record Keeping, Raw Good Orders, along with tracking COA on raw goods
    • Upkeep and CIP of all equipment in brewhouse, along with manual keg cleaning and maintenance
    • Awarded 2nd Place for People's Choice Award at Gnarly Barley Festival (2018)

Assistant Brewer/Cellar Operator
    Coopersmiths Pub and Brewing
    2012-2017
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    • Experience with CIP procedures for cleaning and maintaining close/open fermenters, serving tanks, kegs, and beer lines, and overall brewhouse upkeep
    • Representing the brewery at local brewers festivals
      • Silver Medal awarded for World Beer Cup (2016), Bronze Medal at GABF (2016), Gold Medal at GABF (2017)
    • Development of multiple recipes
    • Recording cell counts, Yeast Propagation, and managing cellar operations

Northern Colorado would be my first pick for location, but I am also considering options for relocation for the right position.

Comment

About Farmstrong Brewing Co.
      Farmstrong Brewing was founded in 2015 in the heart of the Skagit Valley, an agricultural region about an hour north of Seattle that is recognized as one of the top six regions in the world for growing barley!
      We use almost 100% locally grown and malted grain from Skagit Valley Malting in every beer at Farmstrong Brewing. Recreational activities are literally just outside your doorstep with the North Cascade mountains and the waters of Puget Sound within a 20-minute drive from the brewery! We are committed to brewing world class beers and we are looking for a new lead brewer to maintain the quality and consistency of our current line-up while bringing innovative and new ideas to the brewery.

About the Brewer Position
      Farmstrong Brewing Co is seeking a professional, quality focused, technically gifted and team-oriented brewer to join our brewing family and help Farmstrong achieve it’s fullest potential. The Lead Brewer position executes a variety of tasks to ensure the quality of Farmstrong Brewing products meet the highest standards of quality and consistency. Monday through Friday with weekends as needed. Duties include but are not limited to: operating a 2 vessel, 25BBL brewhouse, various tasks in the tankfarm, operating automatic keg washer, filling kegs, beer filtration, the unloading and storage of raw materials and finished products. The lead brewer will also need to be adept a record keeping, maintain inventory levels of raw materials and finished products as well as forklift and palletjack operation.
      The Ideal Candidate will possess:
      Minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial production brewery.
      Requirements for the position:
      Solid understanding of all aspects of brewing, cellar work, yeast management, CIP and sanitation
      Prior brewing, filtration and tank cleaning experience
      Experience in maintenance tasks and recording and monitoring of raw materials
      Strong mechanical aptitude
      Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
      Ability to consistently lift 50lbs, move 165lbs, climb stairs, stand, bend, twist and stoop during the day
      Safe handling of hazardous chemicals in accordance with safety protocols
      Eagerness to join a growing team
      Self-motivated
      Coachable
      Genuine enthusiasm for our craft
      This is a full-time position with compensation DOE and education. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to todd@farmstrongbrewing.com. Please put “Lead Brewer” in the subject line.

Comment

Working...
      X