Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced Head Brewer Looking for a new position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced Head Brewer Looking for a new position.

Hello,

I am looking for a new Head Brewer Role and willing to relocate. I have 8 years brewing experience made up of a head brewer position plus a consulting brewer. Below is information about my educational training and my practical experience in the craft beer industry.

I have experience as a Head Brewer in the UK and Ireland plus experience consulting with various breweries in Asia. In addition to over 8 years professional brewing experience I have qualifications in brewing, engineering, food science technology and beer judging. My passion for great beer and brewing started with home brewing (which I learned from my grandfather who also worked in the brewing industry) and has brought me to many places across Europe and Asia, working with breweries, attending beer events and finding the best local beer while meeting many great people.

My current position with Neon Raptor has helped me reach a next level in my professional development in the brewing industry and to show my abilities as a head brewer and team leader. In this role I have worked with the team to push the beer to a higher standard and expand Neon Raptors range of beers while creating high quality and innovative beers. I have also implemented improvements in the brewing and packaging operations to push a focus on quality and consistency. Some of these improvements are as follows:
    • Improved organisation for record keeping and tracking of beers, contracts and scheduling,
    • Superior methods of hop dosing and extraction of desirable compounds while minimising DO,
    • Lower DO pick-up and losses during packaging on a Micro Can 5 Head canning line,
    • Efficient and effective weekly, monthly and periodic cleaning regimes.
    • Continued maintenance to the brew house and equipment.
    • Developing and improving a range of core beers,
    • Starting a barrel aging program consisting of Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace and Jim Beam Barrels.
    I believe my experience consulting with breweries in Asia has expanded my knowledge of the beer industry and has made me see the beer community on a more global scale while also learning about different brewing techniques and ingredients. While consulting with these breweries I got to visit some amazing places and meet some great people that share a passion for beer.

My previous head brewer position with Rascals Brewing Co in Dublin was where I got started in beer and where I learned a lot of fundamental aspects to the brewing industry as I was involved in everything from brewing, cellar work, packaging, recipe development, starting a barrel aging program, yeast management, training staff, scheduling production, delivering beer, working at beer events and contributing to the brewery as a whole.

As well as my varied experience I also have a diploma in brewing from the Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD) UK which covered a wide range of brewing topics including raw materials, yeast management, production processes and equipment, packaging, health and safety. In University I studied Engineering which gave me a great basis of understanding of how a brewing facility operates and functions as well as knowledge on how to trouble shoot and problem solve if an issue arises. I also obtained a Food science and Technology Diploma which helped me see beer as a product that needs as much attention to detail, cleanliness and quality control as any food product to ensure it is safe, within specification and meets the standards of customers.

Feel free to contact me with any job proposals at shanebutterly91@gmail.com with the tile “Job Position” and your brewery name.

Thank you and Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

Feel free to contact me with any job proposals at shanebutterly91@gmail.com with the tile “Job Position” and your brewery name.

Comment

Working...
    X