Alarming Water Report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarming Water Report!

I'm helping start up a nano at a local vineyard. We just got this water report back from Ward. I've just gotten into researching water chemistry, but it looks like the Magnesium is high, and the Alkalinity is very high! Any hopes of making this profile work?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 7.21.57 PM.png Views:	9 Size:	288.0 KB ID:	307689

Last edited by MikeB3; 05-19-2021, 07:30 AM.

Just do lime treatment and you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Your alkalinity (bicarbonate) is sky high - too high for any style of beer. You'll need to bring that down.
      Lime treatment, addition of acid, or probably the most common and practical approach - dilution with RO water or just using straight RO water.

Your water is very, very hard (22.5 grains per gallon). Don't deliver it untreated to a boiler or instant hot water heater, or to an RO.

Assuming this is municipal water, of course you'll also want to remove the chlorine or chloramine. The most common method is a carbon tank.

Russ

Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
      Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Any recommendations for an RO System? We'll probably only be brewing 20 gallon and then 100 gallon batches once a week at most for starters.

Comment

That Bicarbonate is through the roof! We have between 130 and 180ppm and I battle it constantly.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB3 View Post
            Any recommendations for an RO System? We'll probably only be brewing 20 gallon and then 100 gallon batches once a week at most for starters.
            Sure - please give us a call at 513-312-2343 and we can get you set up with an RO and any necessary/appropriate pretreatment.
            Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
            Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Working...
            X