Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Profile Input Needed

Hi all,

New pro brewer here. We're opening up in a few months and I'm looking at our water report. We have hard water here in SoCal and I always used RO water for home brewing. With this water profile, do you think I can make it work or should we just bite the bullet and get an RO system? Appreciate any and all advice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water.PNG
Views:	362
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	309211

It mainly depends on your brewing intention. And if the water in your local is drinkable, you can use it for brewing directly.

Comment

I intend to brew a wide variety of beer styles and the water is drinkable. My main concern is the hardness and the bicarbonate level.

Comment

Buying an RO system is a good option, More flexibility to play with different water profiles and beers.

Thanks

Comment

Lime treatment would be easier if you are technically oriented.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smudgepot View Post
            I intend to brew a wide variety of beer styles and the water is drinkable. My main concern is the hardness and the bicarbonate level.
            If so, in our experience, we think a RO system is more suitable. A single stage RO system can make water purity reach to 97%. It can meet your demands to brew varity of beer. Of course, if you want to control the various ion content, a two stage RO system is an option. The water purity reach to 99%, and you can add needed ion as your brewing demands.

Comment

Your hardness is a bit low, and your alkalinity is high, for brewing water. You could add acid, or you could use an RO.

If you are using City of Redlands water, you'll want to remove the chlorine (typically with a backwashing carbon tank).
              Your hardness will need to be reduced before you deliver that water to a boiler or instant water heater.
              The Redlands CCR also reports high levels of manganese, which you will need to treat.

Russ
              Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
              Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Working...
              X