Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Red Hat Solenoid model

Howdy all,
    it is time to replace several (or all) of my aging glycol solenoids. I have Red Hats but their spec information has been lost to the brewery’s elements over the years and I can’t for the life of me recall what they are. They are being controlled by Control Products, Inc controls. What model of Red Hat solenoids are you using on your glycol system? I am driving a 10 bbl system, FWIW.
    Thanks & Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Are you just looking to replace the coil? If so, there should be a thin metal plate on the top of the coil that will give the model number. You need to verify whether the coil is AC or DC current and the voltage supplied. Most likely, the valves are normally-closed but double-check. Some control systems will power close AND power open. All in all, it should be pretty straightforward. Cheers, James

Comment

It is, in fact, that thin metal plate that has been obliterated of all pertinent info. They are normally closed. 24 vac.
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

What is the output of your control system? With 24VAC coils, you can use either 24VAC or 24VDC.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X