Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clamps for barbed T fittings on brewers hose

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clamps for barbed T fittings on brewers hose

    Got some old brewers hose for cheap, wanna cut it up into very small lengths for cip with mobile pump. Say 2foot section for suction, 5ft for discharge- just enough to reach cip arm on biggest tanks. No more annoying coils of excess hose all over the place .

    Need some TC x barb fittings for the ends, and some clamps. Ive seen clamps that seem like oetiker style as opposed to worm drive/screw/hose type clamps. Anybody know where to score those? Or is that custom banding done by hydraulic shop or something? Never seen oetiker style clamps that large (to my knowledge). I assume 1.5” goodyear hose is probably 2~2 1/4 od.

  • #2
    Search for band-it tool.

    Comment


    • #3
      https://www.grainger.com/search/pneu...y=banding+tool

      https://www.grainger.com/search?sear...banding+clamps
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

      Comment


      • #4
        Aha. Now we’re talking.

        Ok, so it looks like i need a tool, and do i want the center punch style or the “band lok” style of clamps? Not sure what the difference is there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Up to you...

          Everybody has a preference. That's why so many different styles are made. Personally, I like the 3/8" band material in 304SS and Ear-Lokt as opposed to other locking systems. Also like to double-wrap the band and install two bands on each barb 180 degrees apart. Do not clamp so tight as to cut the hose.
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

          Comment


          • #6
            Tool Spec

            Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
            Everybody has a preference. That's why so many different styles are made. Personally, I like the 3/8" band material in 304SS and Ear-Lokt as opposed to other locking systems. Also like to double-wrap the band and install two bands on each barb 180 degrees apart. Do not clamp so tight as to cut the hose.
            Phillip, does the standard tool like this one deal with the Ear-Lokt Buckle?
            https://www.band-it-idex.com/en/prod...d-banding-tool

            Star
            Warren Turner
            Industrial Engineering Technician
            HVACR-Electrical Systems Specialist
            Moab Brewery
            The Thought Police are Attempting to Suppress Free Speech and Sugar coat everything. This is both Cowardice and Treason given to their own kind.

            Comment


            • #7
              If anybody is looking for the preformed clamps without buying 100 buckles and 100ft of banding, i found some here.

              http://https://www.pwmall.com/m-2284-band-it-idex-inc

              Not a huge selection but the 5/8 x 2 1/4 bands should work for us. Also saw a few on ebay, but seemed more pricey

              Comment


              • #8
                Not to be negative - but you should go with hydraulic-pressed fittings on hoses that you use for CIP. A banded hose will fail someday, with the hose popping off the barbed fitting under pressure, and you'll have a pump spraying hot caustic everywhere.

                Originally posted by brain medicine View Post
                Got some old brewers hose for cheap, wanna cut it up into very small lengths for cip with mobile pump. Say 2foot section for suction, 5ft for discharge- just enough to reach cip arm on biggest tanks. No more annoying coils of excess hose all over the place .

                Need some TC x barb fittings for the ends, and some clamps. Ive seen clamps that seem like oetiker style as opposed to worm drive/screw/hose type clamps. Anybody know where to score those? Or is that custom banding done by hydraulic shop or something? Never seen oetiker style clamps that large (to my knowledge). I assume 1.5” goodyear hose is probably 2~2 1/4 od.
                Linus Hall
                Yazoo Brewing
                Nashville, TN
                [url]www.yazoobrew.com[/url]

                Comment


                • #9
                  StarCat: That's the one!

                  Also found that narrower bands tighten better than fat ones. And double through on the banding: twice around to increase the holding pressure. Although swaging ends on a hose is a superior bond, two x double through banding on each end has never failed me. I can remove de-laminated or kinked hose sections cheaply, quickly, and easily in-house too. Periodic hose inspection is always required.
                  Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks

                    Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
                    Also found that narrower bands tighten better than fat ones. And double through on the banding: twice around to increase the holding pressure. Although swaging ends on a hose is a superior bond, two x double through banding on each end has never failed me. I can remove de-laminated or kinked hose sections cheaply, quickly, and easily in-house too. Periodic hose inspection is always required.
                    Excellent thanks for the Intel

                    Star
                    Warren Turner
                    Industrial Engineering Technician
                    HVACR-Electrical Systems Specialist
                    Moab Brewery
                    The Thought Police are Attempting to Suppress Free Speech and Sugar coat everything. This is both Cowardice and Treason given to their own kind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      whats the best device for cutting these hoses? all i can think of that we have on hand is just some fine tooth saw blades.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Band saw or reciprocated saw.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Friction saw..

                          Use an abrasive blade in a cut-off saw. Stick a piece of SS tubing into the hose and cut both to get a neat, square end. If you must use the spiral wire hose, then afterwards cut the hose along the length about 1/4" near the protruding wire to eliminate the nasty wire hand-slicer.
                          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Abrasive? Seems like an odd choice for soft material, no? Burn the rubber?

                            In any case the Best we had on hand was fine tooth sawzall blade. Piece of cake. Didnt even need cleaning up.

                            Thanks all

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not really an odd choice...

                              The rubber doesn't burn. It leaves a nice finish, even with wire spirals. And you are able to cut through the SS tube as well. Which keeps soft hose round so it can be cut square. Even in a vise. It works very well. Besides, most people have friction wheels on cutoff saws.
                              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X