Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I built a completely automated keg washer for under 1K... any interest out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShTeF
    replied
    I order it from AliExpress and they work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dren
    replied
    Originally posted by ShTeF View Post

Under construction

Where did you source your valves and how are they holding up? We unfortunately have a Colorado Brew washer and are looking to redesign it which requires upgrading the valves to SS with better seals. The viton isn't great for caustic cleaners.

Leave a comment:

• ShTeF
    replied

Under construction

Leave a comment:

• Cagedodger
    replied
    Originally posted by idylldon View Post
    Might want to read this. Same guy I think. He released a substandard product and offers zero support. I think they've changed the name to Brewery Automation Solutions to get out from under all the bad Noble reviews. Here's the new website: http://theekw.com/
    Different people. In the original videos, which were put up long after Noble Keg washer was a thing, showed this guy with a simpler home made washer setup that he used for cleaning kegs for his cold brew coffee. I think his coffee brand was called Noble?

This project is dead. let it rest in peace.

Also, as someone who looked into the Noble Keg Washer (now The Keg Washer) at one point, stay very far away. In addition to the online reviews, I also talked to a brewery that we know a few counties over and he really regrets getting one.

We ended up importing one based on the recommendation of another local brewery and have been very pleased. Well, except for the tariff hike some idiot put into place because he doesn't understand economics... smh.

Now... to unsubscribe from this thread...

Leave a comment:

• ShTeF
    replied
    Originally posted by Brwd.By.Boucher View Post
    Was wondering the same as well, none of the video lnks are working for me, how about you ShTef?
    Same here

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• idylldon
    replied
    Might want to read this. Same guy I think. He released a substandard product and offers zero support. I think they've changed the name to Brewery Automation Solutions to get out from under all the bad Noble reviews. Here's the new website: http://theekw.com/

Leave a comment:

• Brwd.By.Boucher
    replied
    Was wondering the same as well, none of the video lnks are working for me, how about you ShTef?

Leave a comment:

• ShTeF
    replied
    Still active?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Justinmscott
    replied
    Interested

Hi I am interested in this if this is still a valid post and if it will work hooked up to an artisan keg washer?

Leave a comment:

• JeffreyKaplan
    replied
    Interested.

How can we get the source code from you?

Leave a comment:

• mikehoover
    replied
    How's this Dayton pump working out for you?

Originally posted by Jer View Post
    Ah. I see.

I bought one of these:

https://www.zoro.com/dayton-pump-34-...w9/i/G0400662/

Pumps like crazy, and had been good so far.....

I'm guessing that wayne pump would be OK for moving starsan or rinse water???

-J.
    I am looking for a keg washer pump and saw this thread. How is this pump working for you? Strong enough for two kegs at at time?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Automatic12pro
    replied
    New to this thread but if either of you needs any help with design, let me know. I'm almost done building mine. I programmed an Ace PLC & HMI connected via Modbus, relay controlled pneumatic valves, and all kinds of bells & whistles. Sourced most of the stainless through China. I included the post that has pictures.

https://discussions.probrewer.com/sh...p-sizing/page2

Leave a comment:

• dark_s
    replied
    That would be great.

I'm sure I don't speak just for myself when I say that semi-automated keg washer is on my DIY list, and automation is most complex part, so code and info about using it would help a lot.

Leave a comment:

• PSkelton
    replied
    I've actually picked up the Arduino code from where it was developed over on the Arduino forums and have been slowly working on it for a slightly simpler design, which uses only one wash tank (I plan on running Acid 6 or another CO2 friendly cleaner) and just blows out the kegs with CO2, rather than doing an air purge. I'm building up the hardware for it at the moment to see if it gets beyond the current Proof of Concept stage, but once its actually trialled and working with kegs and liquid I'll share the code and the liquid schematic.

So far I'm about $400 of parts in, which is all stainless steel Ts and fittings for the liquid paths for a two head washer, the Arduino and associated electronics, a waterproof enclosure and all the motorized ball valves, and I expect to spend another $250 or so for the cleaner tank and fittings, wiring and a cart for it all to sit on.

Leave a comment:

• ShepFL
    replied
    url for vendor

http://www.craftbreweryequipment.com/

Originally posted by Cagedodger View Post
    You're going to have to host that somewhere on the net in order to share it (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). This is a link to a file on your desktop and that won't work for others.

Thanks for your willingness to help, though!

I'm pretty sure this is a dead thread at this point. The OP hasn't updated in quite a while.

The idea was nice, but there's been no followup in a long while despite the community response. Not condemning Noble, just assuming that business has picked up past the point of being able to follow up on this side-project. Seriously, good for them!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X