X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jer
    replied
    Originally posted by SouthHouseBrew View Post
    The model of valve you linked has EPDM and PTFE in the seal. EPDM doesn't resist acids very well, so I imagine that is the problem.

You want a valve with PTFE (Teflon) 'wetted' parts (seals). It looks like this valve can't be rebuilt, so try to find a replacement that can. With a lot of cycles and temperature changes, even PTFE seals will wear out eventually.

I've had good experience with Apollo, Nibco, PBM, and Flowserve valves, but I think any valve that has the right seals and a watertight actuator will work well.
    Kyle - how does Viton stand up??

Leave a comment:

• SouthHouseBrew
    replied
    The model of valve you linked has EPDM and PTFE in the seal. EPDM doesn't resist acids very well, so I imagine that is the problem.

You want a valve with PTFE (Teflon) 'wetted' parts (seals). It looks like this valve can't be rebuilt, so try to find a replacement that can. With a lot of cycles and temperature changes, even PTFE seals will wear out eventually.

I've had good experience with Apollo, Nibco, PBM, and Flowserve valves, but I think any valve that has the right seals and a watertight actuator will work well.

Leave a comment:

• Cagedodger
    replied
    I was looking at this brand for a few diy items. How is the valve being worn down? I would think it's the internal seals. Can't you just rebuild it with new seals?

Leave a comment:

• kredhead85
    started a topic motorized ball valve recommendations

motorized ball valve recommendations

We are using a self-made keg washer and seem to be running through the motorized ball valves every few months on the acid side. This is the most recent valve we used https://www.amazon.com/BACOENG-Stain...tainless+steel

Does anybody have a recommenation for a valve that won't be eaten up by the acid cycle?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kredhead85; 02-26-2017, 12:46 PM.
Working...
X