Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone built a DYI keg washer with a power washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone built a DYI keg washer with a power washer?

I was wondering if anyone has ever built a keg washing set up with a power washer?

Thanks.
    Zach
    Limberlost Brewing Company
    Thompson Falls, MT

I wouldn't recommend a pressure washer, if something got plugged up on the drain you could easily over-pressure and burst the keg. Plus, pressure washers are more about high pressure and not volume, pressure is really not what is needed to wash a keg.

Comment

No.

What Jebzter said. Would not even go there. Don't mess with 3,000 psi low-flow systems. Not at all designed for what keg washing is about. Even for exterior cleaning, I wouldn't get near the valve with this sort of pressure.
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Not sure how you intended to clean the keg - presumably by taking the spear out. But that leaves two major problems - ensuring you have jetted every internal surface of the main keg shell, and perhaps more to the point, cleaning the internal surfaces and seals of the spear assembly. Conventional keg washers are built like they are for good reasons - correct wettage, efficient use of chemicals / steam and use of inert gases to minimise oxygen pickup by the beer.

High pressure cleaning UK style casks - maybe, though I would be very doubtful about adequate internal coverage.
        dick

Comment

Working...
        X