Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of shift canning line procedure?

Hi guys,

Wondering what you are all doing for the end of shift clean up on your canning lines? We are running two Cask systems (SAMS & mACS) and i have seen on Cask's website that they are stating that "if a canning run will go no longer than two consecutive days, that beer can be left in the line with the brite tank valve turned off and fill heads down and submerged in cans filled with sanitizer over night" This would save a considerable amount of time each week for us as we do a complete caustic and sanitizer cycle every day....which takes approx. an hour to do!

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on this!

Thanks in advance

Is risking the beer of the next days packaging run worth an hour of time today? If you had to dump all that beer and waste all the packaging material used how many hours saved would it take to pay for that loss? I personally would play it safe, and clean and sanitize every time.
    the devil, and bacteria, are in the details.

Comment

Hey HyattPeters,

Chas here from Cask, on CIP there are a few ways to run this. If you are looking to be efficient and save time - I would run a FULL CIP at the end of your packaging day (Caustic, water rinse, PAA is the most common). From there you have a few tools at your disposal, you can pack the line with PAA, CO2, or Iodophur. This we the system stays closed and sanitary.

The following day, a full CIP can be performed OR you can look to run a PAA flush for 20 minutes and off you go.

Hope this helps!

Chas

Comment

That sounds sketchy as hell. We've got a CFT line, and based on their recommendation (in line with Cask rec above) full CIP after the run, leave the line packed with sani, then do a sani cycle just before startup the next day.

Like Richard said above, it's worth it to avoid having to dump, or worse, recall, finished goods.

Comment

Working...
        X