Chemstation chemicals - Acid CIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemstation chemicals - Acid CIP

I have tried to get the information that I need from my chemstation rep, who is the only person that they let you communicate with... But not getting any answers from him.

We already have certain chemicals that are used at the brewery. And, when I took over as head brewer, I wanted to make sure of the specific use and dilution and SOPs for processes.

The only thing I am stuck on is the Acid. The chemical is Acid CIP (9525) from Chemstation. When I initially asked what concentration I should use, I was told "try 5% and see if that works." This chemical is Nitric acid, with some Phosphoric. Similar to FiveStar Acid 5, but according to the SDS is much more acidic (0.1 pH).

I would like to know if anyone else uses this acid and at what dilutions. Typical volume for our CIP of FV is 15 gal. I'm trying to improve our CIP process, and ideally figure out a good concentration for acid wash/rinse and repassivation.

Thanks for any help here.

Chemstation can provide you with titration kits to dial in the dosage (at least the district center local to me can). Unfortunately dosage will vary based on your water chemistry. While it is a pain, from my experience it is worthwhile to check every now and then to make sure you are getting the most out of the chemicals you are paying good money for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I talked with our rep again recently and told him I just tried Acid on the Boil Kettle and used 2% dilution and it worked ok. He just said that I can stick with the 2% and can make a little stronger or spot clean with brush if needed.

For us, 2% by dilution is 1 gal Acid to 50 gal used for the kettle and would be about 40 oz for 15 gal in FV. It seems strong when I look at the pH of the acid solution, compared to similar products. But, for now, I will just go with what he said and see how it works.

Comment

Working...
      X