Cleaning with just Hot Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning with just Hot Water?

While looking to update my Keg Washer. A few other people have recommended just using 180 Degree water to clean. (with a deep cleaning every few batches). Has anyone tried this? Seems a little off to me....

To clarify, they run the hot water through the kegs without opening them.

You cannot clean with hot water, just rinse most soluble material off and hopefully sterilise. However, scale will build up, which will trap yeasts and bacteria, some of which may survive the kill effects of the hot water, especially as it is only just hot enough, if applied for 20 minutes or so. In other words - it is not a viable method if you want to produce good quality beer (or other drinks) long term. I'll guarantee you get infection and possibly haze / particulate problems just using water like this, and probably afetr only a few "cleans" / refills. You need separate detergent cycle(s) depending on which detergent formulations you use and the quality of you cleaning water, plus separate rinse and sanitisation stages.
    dick

Comment

Hey kpeabody,

I agree with dm's comment above.

You may see some (massive) operations that rely mostly on hot water and pressure. In those cases, the water is practically boiling hot and is being blasted into the kegs upwards of 60,000 PSI. Even then, this is probably follow up with steam sterilization and / or chemical washing.

Full disclosure: I work for a keg washer manufacturing company in Canada.

Would love to connect, if you're still in the market for a new machine.

Here are some links to each model:Cheers!

Eric
      Specialized Stainless Solutions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by kpeabody View Post
        While looking to update my Keg Washer. A few other people have recommended just using 180 Degree water to clean. (with a deep cleaning every few batches). Has anyone tried this? Seems a little off to me....

To clarify, they run the hot water through the kegs without opening them.
        Hi,

This is Brewman Machinery Equipment from China.
        We would suggest you clean below cleaning process for keg washer.
        Lock down → air purge/drain off → hot water washing→ air purge/drain off → caustic washing → air purge/to caustic tank → hot water 1 washing → air purge/drain off → hot water 2 washing → air purge/drain off →sanitizer sterilize →CO2 purge/to sanitizer tank→CO2 fill
        Contact with us if you are interest:-)

Cheers,
        Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

Comment

Working...
        X