Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does electric heating with elements will bring bad taste to beer? cause mash scorch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does electric heating with elements will bring bad taste to beer? cause mash scorch?

hello guys, I have a question of electric heating with elements will bring bad taste to beer? electric heating will cause some part of mash scorched?
    If so, how to aovid this problem? Adding agitator to run when heating?

If using food grade heating elements, that will not influence beer taste I think. But it is not quite recommand to heat mash directly, there is a big potential risk of scorching the mash. As the mash is thick, it will attach to the heating element even with agitator I guess. So if you plan to use electric heat, better only do wort heating. How many bbl of your brewery unit btw?

Comment

The trick is to design an electric heating element with a low watt density. That will ensure a gradual heat. The taste should not be altered as long as you have good controls that will have a set point to minimize the risk of overheating. Elements should be food grade stainless steel 316. Also, the heater should be placed at the bottom of the unit (heat rises) to get an even distribution of heat. More details can be found here: https://www.wattco.com/2018/08/elect...rewery-winery/

Hope this helps!

Comment

thank you so much and I am clear now better much appreciated

Comment

Hello!

We recently presented a webinar on electric brewing and addressed the question of scorching. While it is possible to scorch your beer with electric elements, it is not necessarily an issue with electric brewing but with following best practices to avoid scorching. There's more in the webinar, but with proper design and control of the elements, proper cleaning procedures, and following some simple procedures in the brewing process, scorching will not be an issue. Please feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any questions:

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by 13356690973 View Post
            hello guys, I have a question of electric heating with elements will bring bad taste to beer? electric heating will cause some part of mash scorched?
            If so, how to aovid this problem? Adding agitator to run when heating?
            Hello,

Electric heating will not bring bad taste to beer according to feedback from our customers.
            And most Canadian customers prefer electricity heating brewhouse.
            But we also do not recommand for heating mashing tank, we would suggest infusion mashing if you use electricity.
            Search" Brewman Machinery Equipment Co" and contact with us if you need our helps.

Cheers,
            Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

Comment

Working...
            X