Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewer hose "bander"

Hey All
    Does anyone, somewhere near Plattsburgh, NY, have a hose "bander" that could be rented or borrowed or just used on your property. I'm in the process of putting my brewery together after a fire and need some new hoses. Unfortunately a bander is going to cost more than one of the hoses completed. I imagine this will be the last I need to do this job as our volumes are low and thus so is wear and tear (I don't think in my lifetime we'll be replacing the hoses again, barring another fire ). I have a 30' length and two 10' lengths that need the two barbed 1 1/2" TC fittings banded to it. Just 12 little "bandings"
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks and Cheers
    Jay Stoyanoff
    Brewmaster
    Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
    Plattsburgh, NY

Hi Jay,
    Check with your local fire station and/or city shops. They usually have a hand-bander for firehose repair or to fix the street sweepers.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Bump

Thanks Dave that is great idea...I'll see if my local firefighters (who helped put out the fire that ruined my hoses) want to help me out again.
      Cheers
      If not....Anyone else out there in forum land that might be able to lend a band in Northern NY?
      Jay Stoyanoff
      Brewmaster
      Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
      Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

You could try any place that rents heavy machinery or does work on hydraulic equipment. I have gone to my local Cat Equipment shop in town to have my stuff banded. It usually costs me about $2.50 per band. Hope this helps.

Comment

another great idea

thanks for the advice
          Jay Stoyanoff
          Brewmaster
          Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
          Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Have one here

Pittsburgh is close to Plattsburgh, but I'm afraid it's in spelling only though. Otherwise, toss your hoses, fittings, and clamps in the car and make a road trip.
            Cheers,
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X