Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Stainless Keg washer

Hello all,
    So I see a lot and contribute to some pretty nasty reports about POS companies selling POS equipment and then giving POS customer service after the sale...

Late last week we received our brand new Premier Stainless keg washer. We went with their top of the line 3 head, 3 tank washer. I was quoted 6-8 weeks by Rob at CBC. When I called to order, I received an 8-10 week lead time... Got here in 7 weeks. Alright. Nice. Arrived in one of the nicest wooden containers I can imagine. I don't think it could have been better packed. Got it out of the packaging, took about 3 hours to outfit with all of the necessary fittings on my end. Had to call them twice and immediately was put in touch with someone that was able to help promptly. Plugged it in and have been washing kegs ever since. No hickups, no real need to read much of the manual, though that is well put together. This is as nice as I can imagine a $20k keg washer could possibly be. The interface is intuitive and extremely easy to navigate. Washing 24 kph is easy while doing several other tasks, and 30 kph is totally manageable. All in all, one of the best purchases I have made since opening.

I sincerely wish they would build tanks in this country, alas they don't. That being said, if I was in the market for any Chinese equipment, I don't think I would look at another company. The team they have is smart, motivated, professional and they deliver what they say they'll deliver. At this time in our industry we are growing so fast that many equipment suppliers do not have to be prompt or give any kind of descent customer service. It is incredibly nice to find that some companies are still doing business properly.
    Last edited by barleywhiner; 06-05-2013, 10:17 AM.

Premier is Great

Premier has always been great to me as well. I have bought a keg washer, 15bbl brewhouse, and a bunch of 60 bbl tanks from them. They may be made in China, but they are the best tanks I have.

Joel
    Two Beers Brewing Co.
    Seattle WA

Comment

I would agree Premier Stainless always delivers what they say they will. They are great tanks for a really good price. We are on our third purchase from them in 2 years.

Todd
      NoDa Brewing Company
      Charlotte, NC

Comment

We just ordered our keg washer from them about a month ago, so this is always great to hear.

Thanks for the review!

Comment

Premier

Totally agree with this post. I have bought 4 brewing systems a still and a keg washer from premier and couldnt be happier with all of them. Rob and everyone at premier stainless work there tails off over there to supply awesome equipment for us. Josh

Comment

great service, but big middle-man markup?

Why not just go direct to the Chinese supplier that Premier is sourcing from, cut out the middleman, and save 40-50%? I've never understood why few people do this.

Comment

I guess not everyone wants to put their balls on the line!

Comment

Speak Mandarin?

Originally posted by matthew.schone View Post
                Why not just go direct to the Chinese supplier that Premier is sourcing from, cut out the middleman, and save 40-50%? I've never understood why few people do this.
                They might be a middle man, but they are not JUST a middle man. The premium you pay is for their service and their knowledge. This is what you need to pay attention to right here: "Had to call them twice and immediately was put in touch with someone that was able to help promptly." Good luck getting this type of service directly from the factory.
                Jet Gasket & Seal Co
                Brewerygaskets.com
                (702) 448-6787

Comment

Chinese Direct

Originally posted by matthew.schone View Post
                  Well, first off, their keg washers are not from China. They are 100% built in their factory in Cali. In addition to that, it does not take long talking to people that have bought directly from China to hear a whole bunch of horror stories. If you have bad welds, do you think anyone in China is gonna care much about that?

Basically, if I have absolutely no way of holding a company accountable, I won't do business with them. There is one guarantee when doing business with a Chinese company; there are no guarantees.

Comment

Also, their producer, HGM, refers all customers in the US back to Premier to purchase.

Comment

Do the Premier keg washers recapture sanitizer to help keep costs down?

Are people finding that they are blowing through crazy amounts of sanitizer with the Premier washers? A competing keg washer manufacturer warned me about this (however, they were also spreading info about them being made in China as well btw).

cheers,
                      -Michael

Comment

We build 6 different manual and semi-auto keg washer models. All are 100% built in house, in our Escondido, CA facility. Recovery of the sanitizer is an option on the larger units, but as with all options, it adds costs as well as increases the footprint of the machines. Recovering the sanitizer requires the operator to monitor its concentration to ensure effective sanitation. If you require the sanitizer recovery, just let us know and we can discuss that option.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Anyone use racking/filling option?

We have a 2-keg Semi-Auto Premier Keg washer on the way for our 7bbl brewhouse. Has anyone used these with the racking/filling option?
                          www.cognitionbrewingcompany.com

Comment

This is great to hear, we'll be contacting them for our next tank purchases. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X