ABS Ball Valves-US Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Ball Valves-US Source?

I need a bunch of 1" ABS ball valves but it seems like they're only available from the UK and few other countries.

Why aren't there any US suppliers for this?

Originally posted by d_striker View Post
    I need a bunch of 1" ABS ball valves but it seems like they're only available from the UK and few other countries.

Why aren't there any US suppliers for this?
    Local plumbing supply should easily help out. We have used CPVC (schedule 80 pvc) ones in a pinch.

Liam
    Liam McKenna
    www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Originally posted by liammckenna View Post
      Local plumbing supply should easily help out. We have used CPVC (schedule 80 pvc) ones in a pinch.

Liam
      None of my local plumbing supply stores carry ABS ball valves. Also, the only size ABS pipe they carry around here is 1.5".

Comment

ABS Vlaves

ABS is typically used in pipe runs that do not require valves, e.g. sewer runs, venting, etc... sched 40 pvc should work. What are you using ABS for?

Comment

ABS Piping and Fittings

We can get you ABS Valves, please give Jacob Anderson a call in our office and he can provide price and delivery.

Jacob Anderson
          Direct: 253-218-3028
          jacoba@prorefrigeration.com

Good Luck,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Lonebrewer View Post
            ABS is typically used in pipe runs that do not require valves, e.g. sewer runs, venting, etc... sched 40 pvc should work. What are you using ABS for?
            Glycol system for FV's.

Comment

Originally posted by jimvgjr View Post
              We can get you ABS Valves, please give Jacob Anderson a call in our office and he can provide price and delivery.

Jacob Anderson
              Direct: 253-218-3028
              jacoba@prorefrigeration.com

Good Luck,

Jim
              Thanks Jim!

Comment

Originally posted by d_striker View Post
                Glycol system for FV's.
                We used CPVC exclusively for Glycol. Plumbing hard ware should have it. You could order them. http://www.mcmaster.com/#cpvc-ball-valves/=prxck3

Comment

Hi,
                  COOL-FIT ABS ball valves are availble and in stock here in USA and you can buy them from Pro Regrigeration and other distributors.
                  They are available from 16mm (3/8") up to 110mm (4").
                  This ABS piping system is designed for cold fluids and can handle fluid temperatures down to -40F with a maximum pressure of 174PSI.
                  We also sell actuated valves, regulating valves, check valves, vent valves, strainers and so on.

This system is totally different than the black ABS system that is designed for pressureless drain and waste.

Regarding CPVC and PVC material it is not suitable to use for glycol installations because first of all the low temperature limit for PVC & CPVC are 32F and you normallly run your systems at 25-28F so then you are outside the operation limit and the second reason is that compability information on the use of propylene glycol with PVC or CPVC has been investegated by several companies and it shows that PVC and CPVC is not recommended for continuous use.
                  Glycol is a possible ESC agent. Environmental Stress Cracking (ESC) is a mechanism by which an incompatible media achives an extremely localized weakening at the surface of the material wich permits propagation of a crack.
                  Georg Fischer invented the gap filling solvent cement for PVC for way over 50 years ago and we today is one of the biggest PVC and CPVC piping systems producer in the world and it is our opinion that glycol based solutions should not be used with PVC and CPVC piping systems.

Here is a link to a video that shows how ABS vs. PVC handle impact at low temperature. This video reallly show you how different these two materials are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8C_gZls6v8

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need any information.

I have personally worked with plastic piping systems and glycol systems for over 25 years.

Dan Strömberg
                  Cooling Market Segment Manager
                  Phone: +1 714 368 4196
                  Fax: +1 714 368 4197
                  Mobile: +1 951 642 2339
                  Dan.Stromberg@georgfischer.com

Georg Fischer LLC
                  2882 Dow Avenue, Tustin, CA. 92780
                  United States
                  www.gfps.com/us

Comment

Wow, thanks for the great info. I'm talking to Pro Refrigeration about getting ABS parts. I was almost going to pull the trigger on some Duraplus ABS but the distributor couldn't get an abs pressure relief valve.

Comment

Working...
                    X