Would you use this? *New technology*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you use this? *New technology*

Would you guys use this? I'm thinking it could be cool for recipe testing. It's not available yet, still just a prototype but just wondering what you think.

http://www.brewerylease.com/read/innovating-art-homebrewing/

Sounds kind of like a bread machine for beer.

Do they still make those? They didn't make very good bread...
    Kyle Kohlmorgen
    Process/Automation Consultant
    St. Louis, MO

Comment

Sounds to me like it's basically the same concept as the Spiedel Braumeister:

Braumeister Electric All-Grain Systems are high quality, all-in-one brewing systems made in Germany. Many Speidel Braumeister beer systems qualify for free shipping!
      Kevin Shertz
      Chester River Brewing Company
      Chestertown, MD

Comment

I've been working on a bolt on software/hardware automation solution for nanos and pilot systems. My friends keep emailing me the link to this thing thinking that it's relevant to what I'm working on. There are a few others as well that I like to call "Keurig" style breweries. There's something about them I personally find unappealing. I don't know if I'm being competitive or if it's the "we already figured it all out for you" approach they all take. There's a difference between touchless brewing and brewerless brewing. If this was to be used for recipe tests, I would think you'd want to be able to fully customize mash temps, times, boil length, fermentation temp, etc etc then recall a log of exactly what actually happened in a report of some sort in the end. This would give you a tangible record of what you'd be trying to reproduce on a large scale. For my own purposes, would that be useful? The ability to create an automated pilot batch and finish with a printed log and report of that batch?

Comment

Check out the Braumeister System, easy small format, homebrew systems: http://morebeer.com/category/braumei...g-systems.html

Comment

It doesn't boil. So, no.
            Erik Olsen
            Co-founder
            Kelsen Brewing Company
            Derry, New Hampshire

Comment

Working...
            X