Chill-wizard and Plate Pro reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chill-wizard and Plate Pro reviews?

This wort chilling system for brewers includes everything you need for pumping, chilling & oxygen in one compact, portable unit. Efficient and easy to clean.

Very efficient, sanitary plate heat exchanger w/ removable plates. Small frame size, perfect for up to 3.5 bbl breweries. 4-pass efficiency in a small package.

Does anybody on here use these pieces of equipment or know anyone that has? I have a 3 BBL system if that makes any difference as to how effective these will be for me.

Looked at both of these over the course of different systems. Your better off looking into a Thermaline 41 plate/frame chiller. Very happy with mine on a 3bbl.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
      Looked at both of these over the course of different systems. Your better off looking into a Thermaline 41 plate/frame chiller. Very happy with mine on a 3bbl.
      What specifically about it do you think is better than the Sabco systems I posted?

Comment

Sabco uses 1/2" or 3/4" tri clamps, which is typically nothing you would have in a normal 3BBL brewery, all my TC's are all 1" or 1 1/2", so it would be keeping extra gaskets, clamps and such around. The size of its not really built up for a 3BBL. They recommended it up to a 2BBL when i spoke with them awhile back. The units themselves are very well built (Pro Plate), but just are not the right application. As for the ChillWizard, its not nearly big enough for a 3BBL, your talking 1BBl at best, between size and pump volume.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
          does anybody know how much one of those would cost?

Comment

Originally posted by kinetic View Post
            does anybody know how much one of those would cost?
            Brew.thermaline.com has a calculator to take your size, target ko time, one stage or two stage needs, cooling media inlet Temps, etc to spec and price a system. No need to talk to a person. It's pretty handy, although I can't speak to the quality or usability, I'm just now shopping myself.

Comment

Plate-and-frame HXs are the way to go. They're repairable--someday you'll get a clog or need to clean it--and expandable for when your business grows. Look for a large plate--use fewer, larger plates now, and be able to expand in the future.

Mueller Accutherm have been around for a long time and make an excellent product--for what you'll spend on a good P&F HX, it's comforting to know that parts and advice are available and likely will be for many years.

There are usually several used Accutherms to be found on the internet at any time--you might get a real bargain on a pro HX for what you'd spend for a cheap one.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Terminal Gravity Brewing,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

plate pro

i use the plate pro at our brewery and it has been great for our system. We have a 2bbl system and 4bbl fermenters, so I typically do double batches and it hasn't had any problems. Have taken it apart a couple of times but no problem putting back together as long as you keep them in order. If you have any specific questions on its use let me know.
                Kevin
                JoBoy's Brewpub

Comment

Working...
                X