Kegland canner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegland canner

Has anyone tried one of these? I was just wondering how they compared to the Oktober. The model in this video is semi-automatic and quite inexpensive from MoreBeer but I don't know how it would hold up in a commercial enviroment.

Haven't used one, but keep in mind they do not seam standard 202 cans.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jon Sheldon
    Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
    Bugnutty Brewing Company
    www.bugnutty.com

Comment

If you look into the details (on their website), it comes with a chuck for 202 B64 ends but you can buy a different chuck to work with CDL ends.

I just picked one up to test out canning. It's relatively burly. I've only run 200 cans so far so we'll see how it holds up.

T

Comment

Originally posted by BoireVif View Post
        If you look into the details (on their website), it comes with a chuck for 202 B64 ends but you can buy a different chuck to work with CDL ends.

I just picked one up to test out canning. It's relatively burly. I've only run 200 cans so far so we'll see how it holds up.

T
        Well that changes things a bit. I think I'll look into purchasing one myself.
        Jon Sheldon
        Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
        Bugnutty Brewing Company
        www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Originally posted by BoireVif View Post

T
          Where'd you get yours? It says it's not available until the 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedpissa View Post

Where'd you get yours? It says it's not available until the 16th.
            I have the more manual model. I'm in France and I'm not even sure the 'semi-auto' model is listed by my suppliers yet.

Comment

I was going to just buy an Oktober seamer. However, the semi-auto model from Cannular is 1/4 the cost. I see Keg Factory is going to have them in summer, 2020 and the price is $649 USD. One thing is these seem to need calibration and the Oktober works out of the box. Maybe the semi-auto is easier to set up than the manual version. Has anyone acquired one yet?

Comment

Found this review on YouTube

Anyone going to try this? I am thinking it might be worth it if you can use it for a year or two then upgrade to the Oktober and sell the used one to a homebrewer. Maybe by then Oktober will have an automated version out.
                Last edited by jawsfree; 11-21-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X