12 inch tri clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 inch tri clamp

We bought a 140l fermenter to do some small batches and it has a 300mm or 12 inch tri clamp on the top. Anyone have experience with these monster tri clamps?

It is a single hinge and I can't get it to hold any more than .3 bar (4psi ish) before it starts leaking at the hinge points. Should it be able to seal? Do I need a new gasket? Any thoughts appreciated..

Cheers,

Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

We had the same issue with the 10" clamps on our fvs. We switched to high pressure double bolt clamps. They are pricy but they solved the problem. Here is a link:
    Bolted double pin high pressure tri clamps are a significant upgrade from the standard wing-nut clamp, able to withstand twice the pressure of comparable sized single.

Comment

Hi Rosie,

Is the gasket lipped? If not, I'd be inclined to try one - these guys have up to 10" listed but might be able to help https://www.berkeleystainless.co.uk/...-unions/clamp/

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ghobbs View Post
        Hi Rosie,

Is the gasket lipped? If not, I'd be inclined to try one - these guys have up to 10" listed but might be able to help https://www.berkeleystainless.co.uk/...-unions/clamp/

Cheers
        No just unlipped gasket...which I'm gonna replace anyway, so maybe I'll try a lipped as a gasket that big is a bit of a bugger to get in place.

Thanks!
        Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
        Chairman of the Beer
        Lovibonds Brewery Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post
          We had the same issue with the 10" clamps on our fvs. We switched to high pressure double bolt clamps. They are pricy but they solved the problem. Here is a link:
          Bolted double pin high pressure tri clamps are a significant upgrade from the standard wing-nut clamp, able to withstand twice the pressure of comparable sized single.
          Thanks for pointing them out, will try new gasket first...
          Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
          Chairman of the Beer
          Lovibonds Brewery Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie View Post
            We bought a 140l fermenter to do some small batches and it has a 300mm or 12 inch tri clamp on the top. Anyone have experience with these monster tri clamps?

It is a single hinge and I can't get it to hold any more than .3 bar (4psi ish) before it starts leaking at the hinge points. Should it be able to seal? Do I need a new gasket? Any thoughts appreciated..

Cheers,
            Hi Rosie,

We carry flanged / lipped gaskets in silicone and EPDM materials for tri clamps. They can be found here: https://www.glaciertanks.com/rubberf...px-f-1200.html and https://www.glaciertanks.com/rubberfab-40mofe-1200.html . Richard was kind enough to provide the link for our 12" high pressure clamps as well. If you have any trouble finding an item you can email info@glaciertanks.com or give us a call and we are happy to assist! Ordering is a breeze and can be done right through our website or feel free to give us a call and we can place the order over the phone.

(360) 953-8453

Happy Brewing!
            Glacier Tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post
              Hey Richard,

Thanks for the shout out!

Cheers,
              Glacier Tanks

Comment

Working...
              X