Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Auto Keg Cleaner/Filler Recommendations

Hey Folks,

We are looking to upgrade our keg cleaner/filler and I was hoping to get some input on what products you guys are using (or which to avoid). We are currently running an older IDD Mini King and are looking for something newer and faster (in the ballpark of 50+ kegs/hr), possibly with a steam sanitation cycle. At times we package by committee so a machine that is easy to understand for someone that doesn't use it everyday is ideal. I have also come to appreciate just how important good tech support is when something inevitably breaks which is where I am really hoping to get everyone's thoughts. If it matters to anyone we have a 200bbl brite, two 120s and a 60. With COVID we have been more can heavy but are anticipating/hoping to move closer to our 50:50 keg:can split in the next few months.

Just as a side bar before anyone suggests it-we have a Premier 3 head cleaner that we really like however, the layout of our brewery and typical packaging schedule makes it impractical (or at least highly inefficient) to clean bunch then fill manually off the brite. So the combo cleaner/filler really is a must have for us.

Thanks

Now I go not have personal experience but Gusmer is selling keg cleaner/filler equipment.

Gusmer's interactive brewing catalog. No download, no waiting. Open and start reading right away!

Comment

Was going to recommend Premier! But don't understand how putting the cleaning and filling in series will speed up keg washing. It just and simply cannot. Parallel processing will be faster. Why can't you fill as you clean using your current setup?
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation.

We like our Premier a lot and currently do use it to clean kegs and will then fill manually, it's just not ideal for us. The issue is the physical layout of the brewery requires us to handle kegs 3 or 4 times (pull dirty kegs from warehouse, clean kegs/stack on pallets/stage separate from dirty kegs and finished beer, un-stack/move to filling area, re-stack/move to finished goods in warehouse),this usually results in our guys running between the cleaning and filling stations increasing the likelihood of human error as we don't typically have the downtime, manpower or floor space to pre-clean the number of kegs we usually need. Having the ability CIP a single unit once, then fill and clean at the same time in one area is just more efficient for us.
        Last edited by Hellbrewer2; 05-10-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbrewer2 View Post
          Hey Folks,

We are looking to upgrade our keg cleaner/filler and I was hoping to get some input on what products you guys are using (or which to avoid). We are currently running an older IDD Mini King and are looking for something newer and faster (in the ballpark of 50+ kegs/hr), possibly with a steam sanitation cycle. At times we package by committee so a machine that is easy to understand for someone that doesn't use it everyday is ideal. I have also come to appreciate just how important good tech support is when something inevitably breaks which is where I am really hoping to get everyone's thoughts. If it matters to anyone we have a 200bbl brite, two 120s and a 60. With COVID we have been more can heavy but are anticipating/hoping to move closer to our 50:50 keg:can split in the next few months.

Just as a side bar before anyone suggests it-we have a Premier 3 head cleaner that we really like however, the layout of our brewery and typical packaging schedule makes it impractical (or at least highly inefficient) to clean bunch then fill manually off the brite. So the combo cleaner/filler really is a must have for us.

Thanks
          Hello,

Brewman Machinery Equipment Co is a professional brewery solutions.:-)
          We have keg washer and filler in storage.
          Contact with us and get a quotation.

Cheers,
          Brewman

Comment

Working...
          X