Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can agitator motor be equipped at bottom of lauter/whirlpool vessel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can agitator motor be equipped at bottom of lauter/whirlpool vessel ?

Hello guys, can agitator motor be equipped at bottom of lauter/whirlpool vessel ?
    it is german type brewhouse( mash/kettle tank+lauter/whirlpool tank), each tank has the agitator motor.
    I want to equip both motor at the bottom of two tanks. Does the motor will affect the whirlpool function?
    Thanks

Yes. Done frequently with substandard equipment. Why would you want to do that? Sealing the shaft of an agitator underneath a vessel is very difficult. Not to mention the difficulty of maintenance. What advantage are you looking for?
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

With agitator/motor underneath the tank is common, especially in the system exceed 20hl, like the one in the video, both of MT and LT with motor underneath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpAw-HvgiGE I am assume yours is stacked lauter tun & whirlpool tun & the whirlpool just with a side manway, right? It is not easy for maintenance. But why prefer to have agitator in whilrpool?

Comment

aha,I prefer the German style brewhouse with two vessels, and their motors are all equipped at bottom of tank.

Comment

I've Installed a dozen German-made systems and have yet to see one with bottom-mounted motors. IMO, it's an awful design. Just what is any advantage to motors UNDER the tun?
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

the motors can be wrap up by the steel to make it looks more pretty more tidy
            does the german equipment you installed only have mash/kettle motor on bottom? the lauter/whirlpool tank's motor is on top?

Comment

Working...
            X