Electrical requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical requirements

My son is in the process of building out a Nano brewery with a tap room. We are in the process of getting quotes. He received a quote for the electrical for only the brew house which seems high. When he asked the electrician about the quote being high he said everything needed to be waterproof. Has anybody run into this same problem?

All licensed electricians work to code. How could this be a problem? Get multiple quotes.
    Liam McKenna
    www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

• mmcdon47
      mmcdon47 commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand a licensed electrician is a going to work to code. I'm wondering if this is actually code. We are getting multiple quotes.

Originally posted by mmcdon47 View Post
    My son is in the process of building out a Nano brewery with a tap room. We are in the process of getting quotes. He received a quote for the electrical for only the brew house which seems high. When he asked the electrician about the quote being high he said everything needed to be waterproof. Has anybody run into this same problem?
    Hi,

3bbl kettle normally requires 30KW to acheive furious boiling. This power can allow to rise 1C per min.
    So would you consider burner direct fire heating for nano brewery?
    The burner heating are low NOX, efficient, safe, and very versatile.
    This design allows for the best juxtaposition between cost and performance

Some brewers also prefer the caramelization that can occur with gas fired systems.

Cheers,
    Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

Comment

Originally posted by mmcdon47 View Post
      Yes most places will require everything to be washdown approved, so yes watertight for everything that is surface mounted not in the walls.

Comment

• mmcdon47
        mmcdon47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks you that makes sense.

10bbl brewery also in NJ... everything in the production area is waterproof. There's no practical reason not to do that from a safety perspective, much less code. Everything can and will get wet at some point... ceiling included.

Comment

Working...
      X