Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need a solution for scorching on Posinelli brew system

Hello Everyone!

I have a 300 litre Polsinelli brewing system which has a mash/lauter tun and kettle with what seems to be a very thin bottom (it is new from 2018 but I have not used it yet).

The system uses gas burners and I have heard from other people with the same system that they get a lot of scorching in both the mash/lauter tun and kettle.

I emailed Polsinelli and they said there are two possible solutions for the mash/lauter tun:
    1. Raise the temp more slowly, but they admit this may not solve the problem - Not ideal
    2. Recirculate the hot wort from the bottom to the top of the mash/lauter tun - Also not ideal as I would need to buy another pump to do this and it makes more of a cleaning headache.

They offered no solution for the Kettle.

I had an idea though, the local restaurants here that serve cheese fondue usually put a piece of thick-ish stainless under the fondue pot so that the burner under the pot does not burn the fondue in the pot, so I was thinking of doing the same with both the kettle and mash/lauter tun. Essentially creating a "hot plate" on which the vessels would sit.

Have any of you had any experience in this sort of situation? If so, does anyone know what thickness of steel I would need to use?

This is the system in question: https://www.polsinelli.it/en/beer-br...xtra-P1423.htm

The two vessels are both 720mm in diameter.

Thanks,

FB

Does your tank equipped with a agitator already? maybe an agitator running when heating wort will help.

Comment

Working...
    X