A-Type Cleaning Filling Coupler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Type Cleaning Filling Coupler?

Hi everyone, this may be a dumb question, but I'm having difficulty finding an answer. Is anybody here aware of a manufacturer which makes an A-type Cleaning and Filling Coupler?

I brew in SE Asia, and our supplier, who sold us our A-type kegs and regular couplers from Micromatic isn't aware of any cleaning/filling coupler options. I'll be traveling back to the US to visit home next month, and I figured it might be worth a try seeing if I could just have something shipped and then hand carry it back over. Thanks all!

I've not needed an A-Type coupler for our applications, but with D type couplers in genereal, all you're doing is running flow in reverse direction, so you could likely take the check valve out of you A style coupler, remove and seal the prv port, and swap the hoses so that flow is correct for cleaning. Micromatic does sell a "cleaning coupler" for D type, which the only difference to a dispensing coupler is that the prv port is welded closed, they're fully s/s, and the "gas" port is machined with a larger i.d. for better flow during cleaning. They're the only ones I've seen with any authentic cleaning coupler.

Comment

Hi concerto4jarvi, I can help you with that, Micro Matic does make manual cleaning and filling couplers for all valve systems. But we won't have it in stock for you in the US, since almost no one in North American uses A System! I'll put you in touch with one of my colleagues overseas who will help you.

BTW, there are several other differences between a dispense coupler and cleaning/filling coupler. Using a modified dispense coupler is not advised. Happy to explain further if you contact me.

Jon Graber, Micro Matic Packaging Division - US / Canada
      jbg@micro-matic.com

Comment

Working...
      X