Centrifuger sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrifuger sizing

I whish to purchase a used centrifuger/separator. I already have a few options in my local market. Which specs should I look for in order to make sure it suits our needs? Specs are expressed in kg/dm² and in m²/hour.
    My batches (fv content) are 35hl and 72hl. Average waste when we dry hop (including yeast cake) is roughly between 3hl and 5hl.

Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Dear Zucker,

We are using Brew 80 from Alfa Laval from the past one year and It can handle up-to 50HL per hour. For considering the good centrifuge I would recommend below parameters.
    1. Filtration/Separation time
    2. Input turbidity/Solid percentage
    3. Solid discharge volume (Brew 80 is 2.1 Liters (0.55 Gallons))
    For regular beers like Hefe and Belgian wits, we keep the flow rate on the little higher side 20HL per hour depending on the initial turbidity/Solid mass and beers like Lagers and other clear beers we keep the flow rate around 10HL per hour.

For heavily hopped beers like NEIPA and IPA you have to run it on a little slower flow rates to keep your final beer turbidity in limits.

You can increase filtration outputs by increasing more resident time in FV's or add fining agents to decrease input turbidity loads.

Attaching technical specifications of Brew 250 for more clarifications.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X