Extra fermenters in basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra fermenters in basement

We're planning an expansion, but we have limited space where we are. There is a lot of space in the basement. We already have an elevator off the loading dock to get down there, and I know my equipment will fit.

The brewhouse will remain on the top floor (in view of the taproom) and most of the fermenters will move to the basement, along with more grain storage, bottling, and a cold room.

Does anyone have any experience with a two level brewery? Anything you've learned or would change? I'm thinking we install a stainless tube to get wort down from the brewhouse. Separate CIP for upstairs and downstairs. The fermenters would be directly under the brewhouse.

You'll want 2 hard pipes into the basement. That way you can run a loop to CIP the hard piping.

Comment

Make sure to have 2 hard pipes down to your basement a send and return so you can CIP through them.
      Hop It And Bitterness Will Come

James Costa
      Brewmaster
      Half Moon Bay Brewing Co.
      El Granada,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by hallertau2000 View Post
        Make sure to have 2 hard pipes down to your basement a send and return so you can CIP through them.
        Lol, that was quite the coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by AT-JeffT View Post
          Lol, that was quite the coincidence.
          Yes at the same minute know less LOL
          Hop It And Bitterness Will Come

James Costa
          Brewmaster
          Half Moon Bay Brewing Co.
          El Granada,Ca

Comment

Don't forget to allow for low level CO2 extraction and CO2 level monitoring, even if it is portable and only activated whenever someone goes in there to do some work.
            dick

Comment

We have 2 breweries with the cellar in the basement. Our FV's are on the main floor though. CO2 is really the only issue. Make sure you have proper ventilation with CO2 monitor and an alarm system. I would make sure you put the ventilation close to the floor.

Comment

Working...
              X