Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb stone size for Unitank

Hey guys, I have a quick question concerning the sizing of a carb stone
    So, every brewery I've worked at has had a brite tank that we tranferred the beer into to carbonate. I'm opening a new brewery and we have bought 3 30BBL Uni-tanks. A couple of brewer friends have recommended transferring into an empty vessel to carb up (basically treating it like a brite tank). I've also heard of other brewers adding the carb stone through the bottom port and carbing that way. I want to use the 2nd method (adding the carb stone to the bottom of the uni-tank). My question is for the people that have experience with this method. What size carb stone should I get (they're all 30 BBL fermenters)? I was thinking of a 12 inch carb stone along with a 12 inch extension tube. Too big, too small, just right?

thank you for looking at my post

We have been running 8" stones with 12" extensions in our 30's, just put them through the sample port if your uni's don't have an additional port for a stone. You can always put a sample valve on the racking arm when needed. We use them both ways, sometimes as a 'brite tank' if we filter that beer or sometimes just run them as uni-tanks. All depends what you want to do.

Comment

How long does it usually take you to carbonate 30 BBL?

I'm not going to filter anything

Comment

Working...
      X