X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enolmaster bottle filler

Anyone used this filler?

Vacuum filler from Enolmaster?
    A professional vacuum filler with 4 spouts. Can fill up to 4 bottles at once. Completely customizable for any product. Read all the features.

Many thanks in advance!

ZDM

Used one extensively – on still mead.

As the name implies, it works by pulling a vacuum in the bottles, which then sucks the product in – this is a big problem for your beer, which will likely have residual CO2 from fermentation, even if you're planning on bottle conditioning and thus not carbonating before packaging. That CO2 will break out of solution under the vacuum and foam up, and since foam is a lot lighter than liquid, that's what you'll fill your bottles with.

If you're not bottling something fermented, or doing something which will actively remove CO2 before bottling (we'd push our mead through the plate-and-frame filter at least twice, in addition to conditioning for at least two months after fermentation finished), it's not a bad little machine. Finicky at times, and would leak like crazy when the liquid level in the tank was much higher than the machine, but was pretty quick and consistent once you got it dialed in, and wouldn't "punish" you by overfilling or spilling product if you didn't get the full bottle off and the next empty back on at exactly the right second.

That being said, I would never, ever, ever use one on beer.

Comment

Originally posted by feinbera View Post
      Used one extensively – on still mead.

As the name implies, it works by pulling a vacuum in the bottles, which then sucks the product in – this is a big problem for your beer, which will likely have residual CO2 from fermentation, even if you're planning on bottle conditioning and thus not carbonating before packaging. That CO2 will break out of solution under the vacuum and foam up, and since foam is a lot lighter than liquid, that's what you'll fill your bottles with.

If you're not bottling something fermented, or doing something which will actively remove CO2 before bottling (we'd push our mead through the plate-and-frame filter at least twice, in addition to conditioning for at least two months after fermentation finished), it's not a bad little machine. Finicky at times, and would leak like crazy when the liquid level in the tank was much higher than the machine, but was pretty quick and consistent once you got it dialed in, and wouldn't "punish" you by overfilling or spilling product if you didn't get the full bottle off and the next empty back on at exactly the right second.

That being said, I would never, ever, ever use one on beer.
      Thanks for the reply. Yes indeed, would only ever use counter pressure filler on carbonated beer BUT you make a good point about residual CO2. We exclusively bottle condition so would, to all intents and purposes, be bottling a still product though with the above caveat.

From your description though, I'm not sure I have much confidence now!

There are many cheap options, which will expose the beer to oxygen on packaging and then some very expensive options with not much in between. Very frustrating.

Bottle conditioned beers DO benefit from as little oxygen as possible despite some limited scrubbing from the refermentation so I really am loth to use a cheaper product such as this: https://www.polsinelli.it/en/stainle...hine-P1612.htm

I have heard poor reviews on this also: https://www.morebeer.com/products/mi...re-filler.html

Few options in our price range it seems.

Comment

I have recommended this machine in other threads and I'll recommend it again.

I've used one for years now for bottle conditioning and have never had any issues with over oxidation. They are affordable, well built machines that can really crank out some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post

I've used one for years now for bottle conditioning and have never had any issues with over oxidation. They are affordable, well built machines that can really crank out some cases.
          Thanks man!

Looks very similar to my choice: https://www.polsinelli.it/en/filler-...ad-4-P1301.htm

Great to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post

Hello--I wonder if you are still using the Enlomaster? I've got one and would like to compare trouble shooting notes. Would you have a minute?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeDrunkenMaster View Post

Thanks for the reply. Yes indeed, would only ever use counter pressure filler on carbonated beer BUT you make a good point about residual CO2. We exclusively bottle condition so would, to all intents and purposes, be bottling a still product though with the above caveat.

From your description though, I'm not sure I have much confidence now!

There are many cheap options, which will expose the beer to oxygen on packaging and then some very expensive options with not much in between. Very frustrating.

Bottle conditioned beers DO benefit from as little oxygen as possible despite some limited scrubbing from the refermentation so I really am loth to use a cheaper product such as this: https://www.polsinelli.it/en/stainle...hine-P1612.htm

I have heard poor reviews on this also: https://www.morebeer.com/products/mi...re-filler.html

Few options in our price range it seems.
              Hi--looking for some help on the Tenco Enlomaster and found your thread. Did you get one? I'm hoping to compare some trouble shooting notes with people.

~ cathy

Comment

Originally posted by Rhody-O View Post

Hello--I wonder if you are still using the Enlomaster? I've got one and would like to compare trouble shooting notes. Would you have a minute?
                Hi Rhody-O the machine that I was recomending was the 6 spout gravity filler from GWKent.
                6 Spout Gravity Filling Machine This has been the best-selling gravity filler on the market for over three decades, and for good reason. Solid construction from 304L stainless steel. Fills a wide variety of bottle sizes and shapes quickly and consistently. Shuts off automatically when each bottle reaches its desired fill height. No tools needed to adjust tray height for different size bottles. No motors, no electrical. Very simple to operate and clean. Drain in bottom of reservoir for cleaning out tank when finished bottling. Beverage must be non-carbonated. Made in Italy by MORI-TEM.

The link was a bit hard to see, it was embedded in the word "this".

Comment

Originally posted by ZeDrunkenMaster View Post

Thanks man!

Looks very similar to my choice: https://www.polsinelli.it/en/filler-...ad-4-P1301.htm

Great to hear from you.
                  Sorry for the late reply, But i see no reason to use the pump that is installed on that machine, with the exception of CIP that is. it looks like it is set up with a bypass return and all it will do is beat the living hell outta your beer. If you did get this machine i would recommend bypassing the pump all together and using a few pounds of co2 head pressure in the brite to push into the filler reservoir.

Comment

Working...
                  X