Brewhouse Shipping Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewhouse Shipping Costs

What does it typically cost to ship a brewhouse? Aside from mileage, is it usually figured on a per pound basis or whatever you can fit on a truck?

thanks for any info

If it's a 15bbl or larger system it will probably have to go on a flatbed semi. They charge (somewhat) based on deck space rather than weight for the distance travelled. Also, if your equipment doesn't take the whole trailer, the rate will depend on whether they can combine the shipment with another other haul. I had a 15bbl skid-mounted brewhouse (1/2 of the trailer) shipped cross country for about $3,200. A couple of years ago I had several flatbeds with a brewhouse, fermenters and cellar tanks shipped 850 miles for $1,300 per truck. I would have to guess with current fuel prices that same run would be at least $500 more.

If you use a transportation broker you will pay more, but will spend more time trying to find someone to haul it.

Also, you need to pay close attention to the height of the equipment being shipped. Depending on the route, most loads can't be more than 12-13 feet high. Figure on extra charges for a step-deck or low-boy flatbed or alternate routes (to avoid low overpasses) if the unit is very tall. That's my experience, I hope it helps.

Comment

It's a combination of the two. Mileage is a big one of course, but the more weight, the more it will cost too. I've done this before and it is somewhat of a hassle (and an expensive one at that). May sound like a strange recommendation, but I used this company https://www.a1autotransport.com/heavy-equipment/ when I did it and it went off without a hitch. I'd probably look into a couple options and price it out before pulling the trigger bc the cost may be more than you want to deal with versus doing it on your own. But most of them will quote it for you without too much problem.

Comment

Nevermind didn't realize how old this was.

Comment

Working...
        X