Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should I look to to arrange shipping ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who should I look to to arrange shipping ?

    Looking for ideas on who to contact/consult to arrange shipping for a turn key system purchased on ProBrewer.
    What have those who have had to do this found to be successful?

    Appreciate the help and guidance. Thanks for your thoughts.

    Bill

  • #2
    Hey Bill,

    We recently bought a brewhouse and had it shipped across most of the lower 48. We went with Auptix, which has an online quote thing where they find the lowest quotes and you pick. There was a bit of confusion mid stream regarding the bill of lading, but it was quickly sorted. The only thing is I don't think they've billed us yet. As it's been over a month, I'm starting to wonder.

    Slainte!

    Patrick
    Whiskey Point Brewing Co.
    Beaver Island, MI


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Shipping advice

      Hi Patrick,
      Thanks so much. Awesome lead.

      Bill

      Originally posted by Uncle Puck View Post
      Hey Bill,

      We recently bought a brewhouse and had it shipped across most of the lower 48. We went with Auptix, which has an online quote thing where they find the lowest quotes and you pick. There was a bit of confusion mid stream regarding the bill of lading, but it was quickly sorted. The only thing is I don't think they've billed us yet. As it's been over a month, I'm starting to wonder.

      Slainte!

      Patrick
      Whiskey Point Brewing Co.
      Beaver Island, MI


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Freight Center

        I go through Freight Center for all my Equipment and Raw material shipping. Multible carriers, good prices.
        Freightcenter.com
        Congtats on the Purchase...

        Lance Jergensen
        Rebel Malting Co.
        Reno, Nevada USA

        Comment


        • #5
          Ushipit. I tried calling several carriers and they all wanted double then what they want on ushipit.

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Who should I look to to arrange shipping ?

            Originally posted by Uncle Puck View Post
            Hey Bill,

            We recently bought a brewhouse and had it shipped across most of the lower 48. We went with Auptix, which has an online quote thing where they find the lowest quotes and you pick. There was a bit of confusion mid stream regarding the bill of lading, but it was quickly sorted. The only thing is I don't think they've billed us yet. As it's been over a month, I'm starting to wonder.

            Slainte!

            Patrick
            Whiskey Point Brewing Co.
            Beaver Island, MI


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Just to update, after faxing a request for an invoice, Auptix sent me one, for exactly the quoted amount. $265 to get a 2 bbl brewhouse plus accessories from Seattle to Michigan. It cost me another $100 just to get it from the mainland to Beaver Island, a mere 23 miles! Island life.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              I have had excellent luck and pricing from UniShippers.
              ________________
              Matthew Steinberg
              Co-Founder
              Exhibit 'A' Brewing Co.
              Framingham, MA USA

              Head Brewer
              Filler of Vessels
              Seller of Liquid
              Barreled Beer Aging Specialist
              Yeast Wrangler
              Microbe Handler
              Malt Slinger
              Hop Sniffer
              Food Eater
              Music Listener

              Comment


              • #8
                Keg logistics - freight options for the brewers

                Hello Bill,

                we work with a number of brewers, shipping everything from kegs, malt, dry goods, full beer shipments to wholesalers, and specialty shipments of Brewing equipment, tanks, etc. we have a number of brewers that can provide references and we can work to get you a very competitive freight rate. Please drop me with an email or call and we will take care of you. do not just use a random shipper, we understand what a brewer needs and how the trucking industry works.

                Regards,
                Chris Sapyta
                Director of Keg Logistics, LLC
                Direct 303-720-7655
                Industry Knowledge Freight Service and Keg options for the Brewer and Wholesaler

                www.keglogistics.com - THE NEW KEG COMPANY from the founder of MicroStar.
                www.fitzmark.com - Freight provided at the highest service level at a fair price
                Keg Logistics
                303-720-7668
                info@keglogistics.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Crating fee?

                  Did they need to crate it? was there a crating fee? Which of the companies that offered a quote did you choose?
                  Thanks for the continued help. That's a remarkable price.

                  Bill
                  Originally posted by Uncle Puck View Post
                  Just to update, after faxing a request for an invoice, Auptix sent me one, for exactly the quoted amount. $265 to get a 2 bbl brewhouse plus accessories from Seattle to Michigan. It cost me another $100 just to get it from the mainland to Beaver Island, a mere 23 miles! Island life.


                  Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Brew Logistics

                    Good morning Bill, what are you needing, shipped?

                    Whether it be from picking up Hops, to the Keg retrieval, to the distribution of the final product, Custom Pro Logistics can provide you support. I have reached far into the Craft Beer scene and it has become my specialty. Some of my trusted partners are MicroStar, Saint Archer, Ballast Point, Left Hand, Great Divide, DBI, Craft Canning & Bottling and Mother Earth Brewing to name a few.

                    Capacity & Security:

                    From our mobile load tracking system capabilities to our cloud-based real-time tracking, scheduling and reporting systems, CPL stays ahead of the curve to keep your shipments rolling smoothly while giving you piece of mind and one less thing to worry about.

                    We can service your company nationwide and have offices strategically located in San Diego, CA , Cincinnati, OH, Austin, TX and Las Vegas, NV. Also, based upon our strong track record I am confident that CPL will provide the support you need.

                    Thanks, please let me know how I can be of assistance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shipping Help

                      Fantastic. Thanks for reaching out. How do I get ahold of you?
                      Bill
                      Originally posted by brewlogistics View Post
                      Good morning Bill, what are you needing, shipped?

                      Whether it be from picking up Hops, to the Keg retrieval, to the distribution of the final product, Custom Pro Logistics can provide you support. I have reached far into the Craft Beer scene and it has become my specialty. Some of my trusted partners are MicroStar, Saint Archer, Ballast Point, Left Hand, Great Divide, DBI, Craft Canning & Bottling and Mother Earth Brewing to name a few.

                      Capacity & Security:

                      From our mobile load tracking system capabilities to our cloud-based real-time tracking, scheduling and reporting systems, CPL stays ahead of the curve to keep your shipments rolling smoothly while giving you piece of mind and one less thing to worry about.

                      We can service your company nationwide and have offices strategically located in San Diego, CA , Cincinnati, OH, Austin, TX and Las Vegas, NV. Also, based upon our strong track record I am confident that CPL will provide the support you need.

                      Thanks, please let me know how I can be of assistance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Brew Logistics

                        Originally posted by barsidous View Post
                        Fantastic. Thanks for reaching out. How do I get ahold of you?
                        Bill
                        Hello Bill, I can be reached directly at 858-412-7761 or karmstrong@cprolx.com
                        Look forward to hearing from you soon!

                        Cheers,

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by barsidous View Post
                          Did they need to crate it? was there a crating fee? Which of the companies that offered a quote did you choose?
                          Thanks for the continued help. That's a remarkable price.

                          Bill
                          Ours was still crated from the manufacturer, so no crating fee. We've since shipped a 2bbl brite from out east to Michigan for about the same price. That was un crated on a pallet, so again no crating fee. Curious how much it would cost to have done.




                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X