El Dorado hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Dorado hops

Any opinions on those who've used them? Can they be a dominant hop in an IPA? They've been pretty elusive to obtain thus far, but the small amount I've heard has been positive, so I'm considering buying a good bit of them, but I wanted some input first.

me too.

also looking for feedback if anyone has used them. Got to smell a sample but couldn't get any to do a test batch with....
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Eldorados

Eldorados are a great hop. This is the 3rd year in a row that we have used them. They are fairly high alpha and have a range of fruit and citrus aromas from berrylike to passion fruit and more. We make a single hop single malt ESB every year with them and also use them in our Imperial IPA in the kettle as well as in dry hop and finishing. They are unfortunately another of the many alpha varieties that have become popular overnight. I would suggest contracting futures out to make sure you're not left hanging out to dry. I know that New Belgium and Flying Dog have also done a fair amount of brewing with them... Hope that helps...Cheers

Michael Uhrich
      Owner/Brewmaster
      Carter's Brewing
      Billings, MT

Comment

Who distributes El Dorado?

Comment

Anyone...?

Comment

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, "El Dorado" means "The Dorado."

Comment

i got a good amt from Nikobrew. Used it in a small batch here. Very very good. Different.
              Scott Hedeen
              Founder and Brewmaster
              The Burnt Hickory Brewery
              Kennesaw Georgia 30144
              “Free yr Mind and yr Glass Will Follow"

Comment

El Dorado

Dist by Brewers Supply Group...

Comment

Thanks Tash!

Comment

Working...