One way kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way kegs

I would like to use non returnable kegs for my retail customers. Best price I have seen is $15 per keg. Is anyone using anything less expensive than that? I think $10 is all my market would support, but I can't find anything close to that. If you are using more expensive one way kegs, how do you convince a consumer to spend more money than they are already paying for craft beer?

You probably cannot convince people to spend more for something that they have to pay to landfill. There's a reason why most kegs are returnable & refillable. I was faced with a similar issue of supplying keg beer for one-way import to the US. Obviously not going to ship empty kegs back from US when emptied. I did not buy garbage for the job. I found someone who needed new kegs and arranged for them to purchase the kegs when empty. They got a great deal on kegs without the import duties/taxes/tariffs as those were paid already with the beer. We got nearly free cooperage to send the beer. Win-win. I would think that you could partner with someone that would supply clean kegs at $10-15 each if they were already in your distributor's cooperage pool. I don't think there are many good reasons to use non-returnable kegs. Nor Solo cups for a tasting room. Easy way to save money. Just my two bits...
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Has anyone got any feedback on Ecofass plastic re-useable kegs with single use spear/bag assemblies ?

Comment

Working...
      X