Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Keg Sankey Coupler - Input/reviews

Hey there,

I was hoping to get some input from the collective expertise on here. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on the best brand/design of the traditional American Sankey Coupler (D). We use them all the time for our keg cleaning and seem to wear them out about every 10 to 12 months.

Was hoping to see if there was a tried and true brand that you recommend. Obviously with commercial brewing in mind, we put them through there paces.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

Micro Matic is going to be your best bet. They manufacture the majority of spears out there, so the couplers are going fit the Sankey D type perfectly. They also have insane quality standards and assurances.

-G4 Kegs

Comment

Thanks G4 Folks! The key to couplers lasting for manual filling and cleaning is to have a coupler designed for the task. If the coupler you're using is failing after a year or less, it's not likely designed for that purpose. There are at least a half-dozen differences between a dispense coupler and a cleaning/filling coupler, all of which make a big difference in performance, reliability and durability.

Comment

Micromatic's cleaning couplers are stainless steel. They last forever.

The handles on them, OTOH, are pure crap. They break in less than a year. Fortunately, the old pull-style handles will fit, so I save those from worn-out tavern couplers and switch over when those silly things break.

You can also order compatible pull-style handles directly from Micromaitc.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

For “some reason” micromatic doesn’t want to make the latch pins out of stainless, but instead opts for brass. The latch pin has a hole through it where the roll pin slips through. its usually at that thinnest part where it breaks. This is exacerbated if you soak in strong PAA as it eats away at the pin.

I tried to get replacement pins from them years ago, but they wouldn’t sell me any. It’s like the Double circlips, two incredibly simple & cheap parts that are incredibly difficult to get in your hands. This is the primary reason I hesitate to recommend micromatic anything, despite the generally good quality.

Comment

As I pointed out, it's a simple work-around to fix that. The couplers themselves are about as good as they get.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Hi again Everyone - I think I'm not allowed to post a Catalog link or conduct any sort of sales effort here... so instead, for more info regarding our Manual Cleaning/Filling Coupler (and the replacement handles, pins, etc.) and a link to our Packaging Division Catalog call or email me directly.
              Cheers, Jon Graber - jbg@micro-matic.com, (817) 403-1502

Comment

Working...
              X