How long tapped beer last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long tapped beer last?

I am planning to open a small taproom with 15 taps for my brewery but i don’t think sales will be too fast for a few months due to covid. In this case i may need to keep some tapped beers may be over a month in the draft system. Do you think this can affect the beer quality very badly or is it fine as long as kegs are stored in the cold room? Basically is there a limitation of consuming a tapped beer in a specific time?

Thanks

Is this direct draw or long trunk line. Just make sure you clean them on a two week cycle. Try kegging in 7.5 gallon kegs instead of 15.1.
    And reduce your offering to 7 instead of 15 until all this B.S. is over. "quality over quantity",

Lance

Comment

Thank you. It will be wall mounted direct draw system. Kegs will be placed right at the back side of the wall so very short line. I am planning to use 7,5 gallon kegs initially but still want to offer more beers. Do you think can beer be fine for a month approximately if I clean the short line in two weeks?

Comment

I had 2 Belgium type offerings in kegs for 6 months (8.0, 10.0%ABV), during this disaster of a year, they got better with age. Not so much for the
        Hazy or the pale ales. Lost all their character after 60 days (after kegging). The Lagers are holding on strong as well.

Lance
        Congregation Ales
        Azusa, CA

Comment

Was it waiting in the kegs after tapped?

Originally posted by nohandslance View Post
          I had 2 Belgium type offerings in kegs for 6 months (8.0, 10.0%ABV), during this disaster of a year, they got better with age. Not so much for the
          Hazy or the pale ales. Lost all their character after 60 days (after kegging). The Lagers are holding on strong as well.

Lance
          Congregation Ales
          Azusa, CA

Comment

For the most part, all of it was in in kegs in the cooler, tapped as we needed for crowler fills and limited outdoor seating. Now in this new L.A. County
            shutdown, going to to start using our Type 23 license for distribution.
            Contact me me if you need more detailed information,
            Lance
            lancejergensen@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X