Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Fleet Size Benchmark - Draft Production BBL / Cooperage BBL

Folks -

I've googled around to no avail, so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

I would be very curious to hear from other brewers with similar distribution footprints what you guys are running as far as Draft Production BBL per Year / Cooperage BBL for that year. We distribute throughout our state but at this point, most of our volume is sucked up with a less than 200 mile (very sparsely populated) radius. We are very small but just stood up another production space. Call it 2,000 - 2,500 BBL or so of distribution until we recover from COVID era remodel BS....

Given a similar distribution footprint or size, I would love to use your numbers to sanity check the size of my current fleet.

Incidentally, we are at something like 4.4 Draft Production BBL per BBL of Cooperage. Looked at the other way around, this is about 0.23 BBL of Cooperage per BBL of Draft Production.

I have sanity checked with one other production brewery in the area and I'm surprised how different we are, with not that different of a footprint. Obviously there are a lot of other variables at play.

Thanks folks,
    Justin
    Justin Smith

President & Business Development
    Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
    2549B Highway 16
    PO Box 406
    Ten Sleep, WY 82442
    tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
    www.tensleepbrewingco.com
    www.facebook.com/TSBCo

The old number thrown around were 6 kegs for every handle. Was not based on potential production, but instead the actual number of taps out there. Hope this helps.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Another old (man...) number I've used for one's keg float is five kegs per handle. Tons of variables involved, but ya gotta baseline and then adjust to whatever your daily reality reveals.

Comment

Working...
      X