Thread Size Input/ Output Keg Coupler Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Size Input/ Output Keg Coupler Size

I am not at the brewery right now so I cannot measure...

I have to order gas shut off valve that will go on my Sankey coupler so that I can close it while begining the filling process.... I am guess off of memory 5/8", please let me know...

Dont feel like driving back to brewery tonight...

when i looked at it before, they were a strange UNF thread, and hard to come by.

Your best bet is probably to get one of those beer nut shutoff valves, made by micromatic and others.

https://www.gwkent.com/beer-line-bal...ess-steel.html

GW kent also sell adaptors that go from beer nut to NPT if you want a different valve.

Comment

Foxx has them cheaper. Your other option is an inline valve, foxx has them in ss or food grade plastic, ours are 3/8 id sized.

Comment

Save yourself beer loss and frustration. Go over to GW Kent and get their manual beer filler fob head.

https://www.gwkent.com/proline-ii-keg-filler.html

You will be thankful that you did.
        Todd G Hicks
        BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

Originally posted by Brwd.By.Boucher View Post
          I am not at the brewery right now so I cannot measure...

I have to order gas shut off valve that will go on my Sankey coupler so that I can close it while begining the filling process.... I am guess off of memory 5/8", please let me know...

Dont feel like driving back to brewery tonight...
          I've only ever come across two sizes, 1/2" and 5/8"
          Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
          Chairman of the Beer
          Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
          Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
          W: www.lovibonds.com
          F: LovibondsBrewery
          T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Sounds to me like you're trying to use a tavern head coupler for filling kegs. You should be using a keg filler/washer coupler instead. The easiest way to tell te difference is that the tavern couplers have a Pressure Relief valve on the side--usually has a little split ring on it. Filler/washer heads don't have a PRV, and have a bore about twice the size of a tavern coupler. This makes a difference in how long it takes to fill a keg. Filler/washer couplers will usually come with a valve on both inlet and outlet sides, so you shouldn't need to buy them separately.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
            X