3-3.5 bbl design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-3.5 bbl design

Hello- I am looking at a few types of 3bbl - 3.5 bbl systems and wanted some advice on an idea. I have access to natural gas and currently a maximum of about 100a panel. My thought was to go with a 2 vessel set up and a Rinnai 199. The BK would be electric, with 2-3 6000 watt elements. Mash tun would use the Rinnai for strike water. After mash out, wort should be 165-170, making the time to boil reasonable (about 50 mins as far as I can calculate) with limited power. I would be sacrificing step mashes for the most part, but other than that, what are the issues folks see with this approach? It seems cost prohibitive to upgrade the panel, but relatively inexpensive to add gas.

How many amps will your BK require? We have a 1.5bbl that runs two 5500w elements on a 50 amp breaker and it uses all 50 of them amps. That's about half your service right there...

Comment

Well that's the thing. Require is subjective to some point. My thought was since you have 160+ wort coming in, perhaps you don't need the same amount of power to get to boil, so 2 or 3 5500W elements vs 4-5. I'm looking at ways to bump the panel up to 150a, which would solve the issue, but I'm trying to avoid the cost of possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin@Compass View Post
        Hello- I am looking at a few types of 3bbl - 3.5 bbl systems and wanted some advice on an idea. I have access to natural gas and currently a maximum of about 100a panel. My thought was to go with a 2 vessel set up and a Rinnai 199. The BK would be electric, with 2-3 6000 watt elements. Mash tun would use the Rinnai for strike water. After mash out, wort should be 165-170, making the time to boil reasonable (about 50 mins as far as I can calculate) with limited power. I would be sacrificing step mashes for the most part, but other than that, what are the issues folks see with this approach? It seems cost prohibitive to upgrade the panel, but relatively inexpensive to add gas.
        Hi Kevin:
        Accoding to you requirement,we recommend you can use steam type(natural gas steam generator)or gas fire heating to reduce the electric.
        Do you need to make a detail quotation list for 3BBL brewing system?and we can also make a list and calcualte the total power for you?
        Waiting for your reply.
        ------------------
        Thanks&Best Regards
        Richard
        Shandong ZhongPi Machinery Equipment Co.,Ltd.

Email:richard@cnbeerequipment.com
        Add:Li Xia District, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China

Phone/Whatsapp:86+18560038670
        Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJlwjOqI8Snr1bFr7SuinEw/videos?view_as=subscriber

Comment

Working...
        X