Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.5 BBL setup (fermenters + brites)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.5 BBL setup (fermenters + brites)

    Hello -

    I'm looking to start a 3.5 BBL brewery for (mainly) on-premise consumption. My thoughts are HLT, MT, BK all sized appropriately for 3.5 BBLs. Then, have (2x) 3.5 BBL fermenters, (2x) 7 BBL fermenters along with (2x) 7 BBL brites.

    The plan would be to serve the two most popular beers directly from the two brite tanks and keg the rest. I would even be in favor of 1 or 2 more brites, to be honest.

    We wjll be brewing (1x) per week to start, moving to (2x) per week as soon as possible.

    Most brewdays would be 3.5 BBL with the occasional 7 BBL double brewday for the beers that are served from the brites or those that move the fastest.

    As time passes, the first brewery expansion would be to double (or quadruple) the typical batch size to 7 (or 15) BLL. We would already have some 7 BBL equipment in place and would plan to buy additional. We would obviously be purchasing a new brewing system at this time as well and the original 3.5 BLL system would be relegated to a pilot system.

    I really like the idea of serving beers directly from the brite tanks as well as the scalability of the system. What are your thoughts on this approach?

    Thank you in advance.

  • #2
    7bbl brights. How fast are you going to sell 1700 pints?
    Six Sigma Master Blackbelt - Lean manufacturing expert. Beer production is food manufacturing. Why not do it efficiently!

    Comment


    • #3
      7BBL Brites would make the most sense if you can sell it fast enough... Do you have a cold box? maybe 7BBL serving tanks in the cold box

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by plh View Post
        7bbl brights. How fast are you going to sell 1700 pints?
        Since the beers in the brite tanks are the fastest moving, I was planning on turning a 7 bbl brite tank over once a month. Let's call it IPA, that's 425 IPAs per week. That seems do-able to me. Do you agree?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Prospero_Equip View Post
          7BBL Brites would make the most sense if you can sell it fast enough... Do you have a cold box? maybe 7BBL serving tanks in the cold box
          My mistake, I was using brite tank and serving tank interchangeably. What's the difference?

          What about jacketed serving tanks so they don't need to be in the cold box?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rom.baro View Post

            Since the beers in the brite tanks are the fastest moving, I was planning on turning a 7 bbl brite tank over once a month. Let's call it IPA, that's 425 IPAs per week. That seems do-able to me. Do you agree?
            I have no idea of how much beer you can sell. There are several small breweries in my Metro area that only sell 4 to 6 bbl a month total of all types they brew. Not sure how they stay in business. In our 4 county metro area the population is 1.5 million and we have 63 craft brewers. Not sure where you are at, but Wisconsin department of revenue publishes the BT100 report of state production for taxation by barrel for brewers. You might want to take a look at similar data for your area to get competitive information. You could be surprised at how much beer is sold by the craft brewers in your area.

            https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/ISE/excise.aspx

            The other issue is having a 7 bbl Brite tied up with product for a month or more in your example. Capitol cost of a jacketed Brite is about $8k. The cost of 14 - 1/2 barrel kegs is $1k and they each become flexible to use for other products as soon as they are empty.
            Last edited by plh; 07-11-2022, 03:33 PM.
            Six Sigma Master Blackbelt - Lean manufacturing expert. Beer production is food manufacturing. Why not do it efficiently!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rom.baro View Post
              Hello -

              I'm looking to start a 3.5 BBL brewery for (mainly) on-premise consumption. My thoughts are HLT, MT, BK all sized appropriately for 3.5 BBLs. Then, have (2x) 3.5 BBL fermenters, (2x) 7 BBL fermenters along with (2x) 7 BBL brites.

              The plan would be to serve the two most popular beers directly from the two brite tanks and keg the rest. I would even be in favor of 1 or 2 more brites, to be honest.

              We wjll be brewing (1x) per week to start, moving to (2x) per week as soon as possible.

              Most brewdays would be 3.5 BBL with the occasional 7 BBL double brewday for the beers that are served from the brites or those that move the fastest.

              As time passes, the first brewery expansion would be to double (or quadruple) the typical batch size to 7 (or 15) BLL. We would already have some 7 BBL equipment in place and would plan to buy additional. We would obviously be purchasing a new brewing system at this time as well and the original 3.5 BLL system would be relegated to a pilot system.

              I really like the idea of serving beers directly from the brite tanks as well as the scalability of the system. What are your thoughts on this approach?

              Thank you in advance.
              Hello,

              We would suggest you consider both brite tank and bottle serving.
              Bottle serving can have a long shelf time, while brite tank can sell beer directly by taps in pub.
              We are a professional brewery equipment manufacturer, we can turnkey 3.5bbl brewery for you.
              Contact with us and get our quotation.
              info at brewman dot com

              Cheers,
              Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rom.baro View Post
                Hello -

                I'm looking to start a 3.5 BBL brewery for (mainly) on-premise consumption. My thoughts are HLT, MT, BK all sized appropriately for 3.5 BBLs. Then, have (2x) 3.5 BBL fermenters, (2x) 7 BBL fermenters along with (2x) 7 BBL brites.

                The plan would be to serve the two most popular beers directly from the two brite tanks and keg the rest. I would even be in favor of 1 or 2 more brites, to be honest.

                We wjll be brewing (1x) per week to start, moving to (2x) per week as soon as possible.

                Most brewdays would be 3.5 BBL with the occasional 7 BBL double brewday for the beers that are served from the brites or those that move the fastest.

                As time passes, the first brewery expansion would be to double (or quadruple) the typical batch size to 7 (or 15) BLL. We would already have some 7 BBL equipment in place and would plan to buy additional. We would obviously be purchasing a new brewing system at this time as well and the original 3.5 BLL system would be relegated to a pilot system.

                I really like the idea of serving beers directly from the brite tanks as well as the scalability of the system. What are your thoughts on this approach?

                Thank you in advance.
                Hi :
                Glad to hear you are interested in 3.5BBL brewing system.
                We have great brewing solution for you brewery,can we discuss by email?
                We have many project in USA for your reference.
                Waiting for your feedback.
                ------------------
                Thanks&Best Regards
                Richard
                Shandong ZhongPi Machinery Equipment Co.,Ltd.

                Email:richard@cnbeerequipment.com
                Add:Li Xia District, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China

                Website:https://www.cnbeerequipment.com/
                Phone/Whatsapp:86+18560038670
                Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJlwjOqI8Snr1bFr7SuinEw/videos?view_as=subscriber

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rom.baro View Post

                  My mistake, I was using brite tank and serving tank interchangeably. What's the difference?

                  What about jacketed serving tanks so they don't need to be in the cold box?
                  I am wondering if you are serving out of the brite tanks, how are carbing the rest of the beer? Might want both brite and serving tanks. Or go with serving out of kegs which a lot of taprooms do.
                  Jason Blair
                  MadCow Brewing Company

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X