Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano scale farm brewery design help

Hey Folks-

My wife and I are working on setting up a small scale farm brewery on our property in Northern Virginia and I need some help/ have some questions for the group.
    Its all new construction and we haven't broken ground yet but the foot print is 40X60 with 40X40 tasting area and 20X40 for cold storage, brewing area and storage. I am not sure about electrical requirements needed to supply the building, but its single phase coming into the building and need to figure out panel size (400 amp or 600 amp or more?). The brewhouse I am looking for is between 3-5 barrels direct fire with a few FVs, brites and serving tanks perhaps, kegs as well. I don't have anything size wise in mind for the cold storage wither but have room outside the building or inside for a reasonable cooler.
    I'm really hoping to find a decent used system and have some time before we get to that stage I'm hoping.
    any guidance or help is greatly appreaciated.
    Thanks
    Jon

if you are looking for new system we can help you price an economical direct fired 7BBL system. prospero is in new york state. my cell is 914.801.7928 if interested. We can help with the power sizing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 4JsFarmBrew View Post
      Hey Folks-

My wife and I are working on setting up a small scale farm brewery on our property in Northern Virginia and I need some help/ have some questions for the group.
      Its all new construction and we haven't broken ground yet but the foot print is 40X60 with 40X40 tasting area and 20X40 for cold storage, brewing area and storage. I am not sure about electrical requirements needed to supply the building, but its single phase coming into the building and need to figure out panel size (400 amp or 600 amp or more?). The brewhouse I am looking for is between 3-5 barrels direct fire with a few FVs, brites and serving tanks perhaps, kegs as well. I don't have anything size wise in mind for the cold storage wither but have room outside the building or inside for a reasonable cooler.
      I'm really hoping to find a decent used system and have some time before we get to that stage I'm hoping.
      any guidance or help is greatly appreaciated.
      Thanks
      Jon
      Hi Jon,

We are a professional brewery equipment manufacturer.
      We provide turnkey brewery solutions.
      According to your brewery dimension, we would suggest 5bbl brewery for you.
      We can design a floor plan for your reference.
      I can also send a electrical table for your reference.:-)
      We also have a 5bbl brewery project in Canada, we would invite you visiting if you are interesting:-)
      Contact with us.

Cheers,
      Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

Comment

Jon:

ABS Commercial is based out of Raleigh, NC. We've sold to plenty of breweries in the US and have several DF units near you in VA. You can reach our sales rep, Scott, at (919) 604-2688 or scott@abs-commercial.com. He's happy to help.

Comment

Hi Jon,
          We have a similar brewery on a farm in Wisconsin. We have a 7bbl system (are currently under construction and upgrading to 20bbls right now). We opened 2.5 years ago. Our barn is 80x40. It is split in half, half for the taproom, half for the brewery. We are on propane and have a direct fire system from ABE which has worked great. We also are on well water and use an RO system for all of our water. Our walk in cooler is 18x18. We ran out of room almost immediately so definitely plan for expanding soon! We have 400amp single phase service. I would be happy to answer any more questions you may have. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X