Stout 5bbl Direct Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stout 5bbl Direct Fire

This has been discussed in previous threads but they seem to drop off without resolution.

I have a 5bbl stout direct fire. It is taking me approx. 3 hrs to go from 150s to 212. I have contacted ward burner who questioned the supplied propane to the burner, and the distance and offered the suggestion to machine out the jets. The propane supplier check everything out and it was specification. I have contacted stout (who stated they've never heard of this problem, yet have commented on other threads for this same issue). Has anyone found a solution? Has anyone increased the burner size to the 88 jet (the 44 jet came with the system). Any insight is welcomed. Thank for your time.

Hey, I had spoke with you about this and gave you some suggestions. You were going to look into that and get back to me. Please reach out to me directly at dbeedy@lotusbevalliance.com or call 503-372-9580

Comment

Hey, I had spoken with you about this and gave you some suggestions. You were going to look into that and get back to me. Please reach out to me directly at dbeedy@lotusbevalliance.com or call 503-372-9580

Comment

We had a 2.5 bbl direct fire that took an hour and a half to get to boil with a 44 jet burner. Here was what I learned

there is a limit to how much heat you can get thru the bottom of the kettle
        move the burner closer to the bottom
        shelter the area under the tank... we put sheet metal around the burner and also insulated under the tank

we considered building a vent area around the tank to keep the hot gasses against the sides of the tank but ultimately went electric

steve

Comment

Working...
        X