2 to 7 bbl tasting rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 to 7 bbl tasting rooms

I know each area and demographics will be diff. I’m looking for round about numbers to decide on system size.
    I have a tasting room I’m building out that will hold about 50 people. In a very brewery friendly town of 36k with snowbirds and tourists.

Tasting room only:
    What’s size system do you have?
    How many seats?
    What’s the population of your town?
    How many days are you open?
    How many kegs (31gal) per average week do you sell and how many kegs to you have in your total keg stock?
    How many fermenters do you have?

Thank you very much
    Cheers
    Last edited by Jay Newbie; 09-19-2019, 11:16 AM.

Originally posted by Jay Newbie View Post
    I know each area and demographics will be diff. I’m looking for round about numbers to decide on system size.
    I have a tasting room I’m building out that will hold about 50 people. In a very brewery friendly town of 36k with snowbirds and tourists.

Tasting room only:
    How many seats?
    How many kegs (31gal) per average week?

Thank you very much
    Cheers
    currently we have seating for 40 but when we are busy we have about 50 in our tasting room (we are expanding soon) if the space looks like it can hold 50 then the firemarshall will likely give you an occupancy for less.
    we have a 3bbl sungood system and brew once a week on sundays. open for 6 months now. 11 beers on tap we just started filling growlers yesterday because we wouldnt have been able to keep up. We both work full time jobs and can only brew sundays. We are open wed thru sat. We are located in a city between Niagara falls and buffalo which is larger than yours and beer consumption varies but brewing once a week has been working to keep the pipeline full now that business has slowed down. (first few months were nuts) If I were you id stick with 3bbl maybe 5 at most if you dont plan to distribute. It also depends on how often you want to be brewing and cleaning up...

Comment

Thx AD

Anyone else willing to share their info?

Comment

Thx AD

Anyone else willing to share their info?
        I'll summarize our operation best I can.

Super small taproom (800sf)(I think fire code is 49) in a mountain town.

Technically there's only 1,000 full time residents but that's flawed. Winter and summer we thrive and spring and fall we barely survive.

We brew on a 3bbl system. We double batch twice a week. So cranking out close to 24 kegs a week.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tasting room only:

5BBL brewhouse.

How many seats?
          129 but we often have many more.

About 5500 but we have a huge influx of tourists pretty much all year round these days.

Seven days a week, though we will be closing one day a week for the fall/winter season.

How many kegs (31gal) per average week?
          Don't really count kegs but we do about 400BBL/yr. with 21 beers on tap. I imagine we'll push close to 500BBL this year since we're now well established and the volume has been steadily increasing.

Cheers,
          --
          Don
          Idyllwild Brewpub

Comment

Hi, Jay.

We can help you size a system. Feel free to reach out to me and we can chat.
            _
            Jeremy King, Brewery Design Consultant, Experienced Commercial Brewer
            Craft Kettle Brewing Equipment
            New Orleans, LA
            jeremy.king@craftkettle.com
            o 855.953.8853 | d 504.930.4462 | c 763.528.1352

Comment

Originally posted by idylldon View Post
              5BBL brewhouse. I imagine we'll push close to 500BBL this year since we're now well established and the volume has been steadily increasing.

Cheers,
              --
              Don
              Idyllwild Brewpub
              Thank you Don

Congrats that's awesome.

Do you have a 3 vessel system? I plan to double brew as well. Wondering how many and how big the heating elements are.

Comment

Originally posted by Crosley View Post
                I'll summarize our operation best I can.

Super small taproom (800sf)(I think fire code is 49) in a mountain town.

Technically there's only 1,000 full time residents but that's flawed. Winter and summer we thrive and spring and fall we barely survive.

We brew on a 3bbl system. We double batch twice a week. So cranking out close to 24 kegs a week.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                That's a lot of pints for a small space. Congrats

I keep hearing 1.5 drinks per seat per hour. Is that a good calculation to guesstimate compared to what you're selling?

Comment

Adding another question in here

How many fermenters do you have?

Comment

Thank you Don

Congrats that's awesome.

Do you have a 3 vessel system? I plan to double brew as well. Wondering how many and how big the heating elements are.
                    Yes, but the HLT is 10BBL to provide enough hot water for double batching. I use an electric steam plant so it's not directly fired with elements.

As for your fermenter question, I have four: Two 10BBL for double batching fast-moving beers and two 5BBL for beers that don't move as fast. I have seven brites (we serve directly from six of them): Four 10BBL and three 5BBL. One of the 10BBL brites is used just for kegging. Fifteen of our taps are served from kegs.

All in all, I'm very pleased by how easily we can keep 21 beers on tap and always have a couple "on deck."

Cheers,
                    --
                    Don

Comment

Originally posted by idylldon View Post
                      Yes, but the HLT is 10BBL to provide enough hot water for double batching. I use an electric steam plant so it's not directly fired with elements.

All in all, I'm very pleased by how easily we can keep 21 beers on tap and always have a couple "on deck."

Cheers,
                      --
                      Don
                      Thank you Don. Again congrats on the success. Sounds like you're cranking out some beers.

Some of my beers I can do in larger or multiple batches and will do great with some age. So a larger system/capacity tanks would be a major time saving benefit. But lots of my beers are made to drink fresh. As in within weeks at the most. I'm a huge hop head as well as use all fresh fruits and such. This is the reason I'm only looking to do this with a 2 or 3bbl system. Which I still need to build or decide what to buy.

Comment

Working...
                      X