X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Newbie
    replied
    Update
    I purchased 90 kegs and went with twenty taps. 60 tall quarters and 30 half bbl Schaefer kegs. Worked out fine. I built a 12 X 20 cold room with three wracks. Half’s stood on the bottom shelf’s and floor in front of the 20 tap wall.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• augiedoggy
    replied
    If you have a 2bbl system and 12 beers on tap you need a minimum of 48 kegs... you may want more than this depending on how many fermenters or brites you have and as kegs become empty you will free up another 4 to keg the next on deck beer.. This is a startup amount because after the initial opening you will of course not have a full 4 kegs of everything likely ever again. if you sell kegs of beer plan on losing that keg for around 3 months as thats the average turn around time im told before kegs are returned.

Leave a comment:

• Thirsty_Monk
    replied
    It depends on your product mix. More different beer you have, more kegs you need.

If you have only one beer, you need 3 kegs per tap (one tapped, one right behind and one dirty) plus kegs that are going to hold your inventory.

Leave a comment:

• augiedoggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay Newbie View Post
    Kegs that is.
    I need to figure out how many kegs I need. 2bbl system. In house sales on
    Y. No distribution. Thinking I am going to put a bunch of taps in and keep say 12 beers on tap. Then maybe an additional 6 taps for Stout week, an event, or whatever.

For 12 beers at 2bbl that's 48 half kegs. Right now I'm looking at building a cold room. And it keeps getting bigger. Thinking maybe half the volume should go in 5 gal kegs?

Looking at a wrack to double up kegs. I'm now up to a 10x14' cold room

What did you start with and what did you end up with as far as taps and kegs?

Thx
    We have a 3bbl setup and 11 beer taps and started with 62 kegs which was enough.... But we have 3 brites for beers to sit until we free up kegs.. We have since bought 1/4 kegs and just this week a pallet of never used 1/6 kegs from the classifieds here. as a matter of fact we bought most of our kegs here used and some used locally.

we have 2 walkins we made roughly 9x8 each and its tight. we do stack our kegs 2 high.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Newbie
    started a topic What size and how many did you start with

What size and how many did you start with

Kegs that is.
    I need to figure out how many kegs I need. 2bbl system. In house sales on
    Y. No distribution. Thinking I am going to put a bunch of taps in and keep say 12 beers on tap. Then maybe an additional 6 taps for Stout week, an event, or whatever.

For 12 beers at 2bbl that's 48 half kegs. Right now I'm looking at building a cold room. And it keeps getting bigger. Thinking maybe half the volume should go in 5 gal kegs?

Looking at a wrack to double up kegs. I'm now up to a 10x14' cold room

What did you start with and what did you end up with as far as taps and kegs?

Thx
Working...
X