Cask Canning Equipment and Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cask Canning Equipment and Cans

Is it true that if you order the Cask automated 5 head machine you HAVE to also buy the empty cans from them at a minimum of 20 pallets (155,000 cans) per brand? Is there any way around it? I can imagine the cost and spacing will be a big issue given that each brand would cost about $23K in material. Are most people only canning one or at most two of their brands?

Thanks
    Ray

Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Hit this topic pretty well on some other threads.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

If you buy from Cask, dont expect to buy the cans from Ball direct. You'll have to place your Ball order through Cask, with a nice little mark up.

Comment

You can buy from Cask the canning line but you are not required to use Ball cans. We are using Crown & Cork and they have a 10 pallet minimum order. They are very good to deal with. If you buy a Cask canning line plan on not having any support once the machine is in place.

Comment

We just got a quote from Crown and Cork, you can by as little as 8 pallets of cans and 1 pallet of lids. There is an up-charge to do this but the price is still very good.
          Jon Sheldon
          Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
          Bugnutty Brewing Company
          www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Actually, Balls prices are good as well. Just not through Cask. We too are using Crown.

Comment

Originally posted by RNJ
              Is it true that if you order the Cask automated 5 head machine you HAVE to also buy the empty cans from them at a minimum of 20 pallets (155,000 cans) per brand? Is there any way around it? I can imagine the cost and spacing will be a big issue given that each brand would cost about $23K in material. Are most people only canning one or at most two of their brands?

Thanks
              Ray
              Make sure you talk to and or visit someone who has a 5 head Cask Canning machine before you buy one. There are things you need to know. Cavite emptor!

Comment

To have people say that there is no support from Cask after the machine is in place is baffling to me. I have had nothing but prompt responses from all of them. One time none of us could figure out a problem and I was quickly put in contact with their electrical engineer who designs the systems and we solved it quick. Jamie always answers my email within an hour or so, unless he's on a plane. Strange indeed.
                Jason Raimondi
                Anderson Valley Brewing

Comment

Working...
                X