Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meheen users unite!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • submersible pond pump

    We bought one like this, I can't find the exact one we bought, but it shipped quickly and it's worked great

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rhorton73 View Post
      So I am trying to decide if I get rid of the pallet of long necks I purchased before the Meheen or the Heritage bottles that came with it.

      I think I would like to convert the machine to long necks as I can source them locally. Has anyone taken on this task? I think the bottle height is an easy fix. The bottle are 1 3/8" taller than the Heritage bottles. I can either shim up the head assembly(capper and filler) or drop the deck down.

      My only other issue is the diameter of the long necks is smaller. So there will be some difference in the spacing side to side. But.... this machine is pretty played out and I think it will center the bottles just fine....

      Does anyone have any thoughts?
      The diameter is very important because the bottles need to fit pretty snug on the machine to align the bottles with the fill head and capping bar. For the machine to work properly, you would have to modify the capping bar, fill head carriage, crown feed, etc.

      Cheers

      Comment


      • O2 levels with various methods of purge

        Hey guys,

        We've been using a new M6 for a couple years now and was wondering if anyone has done any research on dissolved oxygen levels for the various purge method settings on the Meheen? Our model has Evac Purge, Single and Double options and we have been using Evac thinking that this would be the most effective, but this is just a guess.

        Has anyone with the tools done any testing in this area?

        Great thread, thanks everyone!

        Cheers,
        jeff
        Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
        Chairman of the Beer
        Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
        Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
        W: [url]www.lovibonds.com[/url]
        F: LovibondsBrewery
        T: @Lovibonds

        Comment


        • O2 levels with various methods of purge

          Jeff,

          We bought a Hach Orbisphere a while back and it really helped us tweak our 2007 M6. I don't recall the precise numbers when we did the study but the difference in DO levels between single and double are easily 150 - 200 ppb.

          We also rigged up a simple sparging system (posted in this thread previously) that has helped drop our TPO to at or below 100ppb. We now routinely see 20 - 40 ppb DO pick-up upon bottling with the beer in the BBT being around 20ppb.

          It's also important to make sure you have enough CO2 flow going to your machine...we use a 1/2" connection dedicated to the pneumatic valve feeding the purging system. Meheen usually has this in line with the "pulse" valve but we separated the two. This also gives us the ability to regulate the pressure going to the pulse valve and the CO2 valve independently and in some situations, helps dial in the "cap-on-foam."

          Last but not least, when we first got the Hach we noticed that our DO values improved as we progressed through the bottling run so we now purge all beer lines with CO2 after we santize and before turning on the beer from the bbt. We monitor the DO levels in the sanitized hose by hooking a sampling valve to the fill manifold that allows the Hach to sample the DO. Made a huge difference. It usually takes us 1 to 1.5 cases to dial in COF and after that the DO levels are right where they should be.

          Hope this helps,

          Mark



          Originally posted by Rosie View Post
          Hey guys,

          We've been using a new M6 for a couple years now and was wondering if anyone has done any research on dissolved oxygen levels for the various purge method settings on the Meheen? Our model has Evac Purge, Single and Double options and we have been using Evac thinking that this would be the most effective, but this is just a guess.

          Has anyone with the tools done any testing in this area?

          Great thread, thanks everyone!

          Cheers,
          jeff

          Comment


          • I’m having issues with a consistent FOB. The bottles FOB at different heights. The first bottle (closest to the inlet of the manifold) will be perfect. The further we get from that point the lower the FOB level. Anyone else had this happen before

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SecondLineBrew View Post
              Jeff,

              We bought a Hach Orbisphere a while back and it really helped us tweak our 2007 M6. I don't recall the precise numbers when we did the study but the difference in DO levels between single and double are easily 150 - 200 ppb.

              We also rigged up a simple sparging system (posted in this thread previously) that has helped drop our TPO to at or below 100ppb. We now routinely see 20 - 40 ppb DO pick-up upon bottling with the beer in the BBT being around 20ppb.

              It's also important to make sure you have enough CO2 flow going to your machine...we use a 1/2" connection dedicated to the pneumatic valve feeding the purging system. Meheen usually has this in line with the "pulse" valve but we separated the two. This also gives us the ability to regulate the pressure going to the pulse valve and the CO2 valve independently and in some situations, helps dial in the "cap-on-foam."

              Last but not least, when we first got the Hach we noticed that our DO values improved as we progressed through the bottling run so we now purge all beer lines with CO2 after we santize and before turning on the beer from the bbt. We monitor the DO levels in the sanitized hose by hooking a sampling valve to the fill manifold that allows the Hach to sample the DO. Made a huge difference. It usually takes us 1 to 1.5 cases to dial in COF and after that the DO levels are right where they should be.

              Hope this helps,

              Mark
              Thanks very much for your feedback Mark!

              jeff
              Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
              Chairman of the Beer
              Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
              Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
              W: [url]www.lovibonds.com[/url]
              F: LovibondsBrewery
              T: @Lovibonds

              Comment


              • Hello!

                We are experiencing too wide crimp-width on our M6 filler. Any suggestions on how to increase the crimp? I have searched for answers here and on the Meheen FAQ and manual but to no avail.

                Best regards

                Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • I'd suggest calling Meheen directly. Those crimp blocks are machined out of solid steel and should last for just about ever. How old is your machine? Is your compressed air pressure and flow volume correct? Are the crimp block air cylinders running through their whole cycle (all the way down)?

                  mtn

                  Originally posted by keiron View Post
                  Hello!

                  We are experiencing too wide crimp-width on our M6 filler. Any suggestions on how to increase the crimp? I have searched for answers here and on the Meheen FAQ and manual but to no avail.

                  Best regards

                  Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Meheen Crimp-Width

                    Assuming you mean that your crowns are falling out of spec? So either your crowning head isn't coming down far enough (check for function of the pneumatic pistons/obstructions in the path of the crowning head) or there isn't enough force (issues with air pressure/pistons that drive the crowning head).

                    If it's been working fine up till now and there have been no changes in your equipment (i.e. air compressor, etc) then I believe that it might be time to replace the crowning head. Meheen can help you with this. Make sure that you have them send you the crowning head and the bolts. Do not attempt to use the bolts from your old crowning head. With our unit they had varied the depth of the bolt holes and it really put us in a bind.

                    Hope this helps,

                    Mark

                    Originally posted by keiron View Post
                    Hello!

                    We are experiencing too wide crimp-width on our M6 filler. Any suggestions on how to increase the crimp? I have searched for answers here and on the Meheen FAQ and manual but to no avail.

                    Best regards

                    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by keiron View Post
                      Hello!

                      We are experiencing too wide crimp-width on our M6 filler. Any suggestions on how to increase the crimp? I have searched for answers here and on the Meheen FAQ and manual but to no avail.

                      Best regards

                      Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk


                      Check the main bolts that hold the crowner bar on the cylinders.......if one or both get slightly loose you wont get a complete crimp.

                      Comment


                      • User's Manual

                        Hi everybody!

                        We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

                        Thanks ��

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	191581Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0773.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	191582Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	191583

                        Comment


                        • Manuals.

                          Originally posted by tarikapak View Post
                          Hi everybody!

                          We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

                          Thanks ��

                          [ATTACH]55406[/ATTACH][ATTACH]55407[/ATTACH][ATTACH]55408[/ATTACH]
                          If you search for the Meheen Bottlers group on Facebook,
                          There are quite a few useful docs there.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AllGrainNZ View Post
                            If you search for the Meheen Bottlers group on Facebook,
                            There are quite a few useful docs there.
                            The group I found had only 2 members under that name. Still, I was able to find a useful document. Thanks for the help.

                            One more thing... I am afraid the software is gone on my machine. All I see is "Optimate Series Model 1500 Terminal" on the screen. Any idea on how to recover?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tarikapak View Post
                              The group I found had only 2 members under that name. Still, I was able to find a useful document. Thanks for the help.

                              One more thing... I am afraid the software is gone on my machine. All I see is "Optimate Series Model 1500 Terminal" on the screen. Any idea on how to recover?
                              If these machines sit idle for a long time, they drop their programming and need to be reprogrammed. The brilliance of Dave Meheen is he designed them to be self-rebootable. Give him a call, he should be able to give you a code to enter on the keypad that will access the operating system to reinstall the software without having to uninstall the CPU and mail it to him. https://www.meheen.com

                              Prost!
                              Dave
                              Glacier Brewing Company
                              406-883-2595
                              info@glacierbrewing.com

                              "who said what now?"

                              Comment


                              • Thank you for the tips!

                                I do not think the block is worn down as this is a machine from 2015 and the crimp has been poor since we got it. Sounds like we may be having issues with our air-pressure/flow, even though it never falls below 90psi.
                                I will however try to tighten the main bolts in case they are loose. I'll update if/when we fix the issue.



                                Originally posted by Mtnmann View Post
                                I'd suggest calling Meheen directly. Those crimp blocks are machined out of solid steel and should last for just about ever. How old is your machine? Is your compressed air pressure and flow volume correct? Are the crimp block air cylinders running through their whole cycle (all the way down)?

                                mtn
                                Originally posted by SecondLineBrew View Post
                                Assuming you mean that your crowns are falling out of spec? So either your crowning head isn't coming down far enough (check for function of the pneumatic pistons/obstructions in the path of the crowning head) or there isn't enough force (issues with air pressure/pistons that drive the crowning head).

                                If it's been working fine up till now and there have been no changes in your equipment (i.e. air compressor, etc) then I believe that it might be time to replace the crowning head. Meheen can help you with this. Make sure that you have them send you the crowning head and the bolts. Do not attempt to use the bolts from your old crowning head. With our unit they had varied the depth of the bolt holes and it really put us in a bind.

                                Hope this helps,

                                Mark
                                Originally posted by Sauce View Post
                                Check the main bolts that hold the crowner bar on the cylinders.......if one or both get slightly loose you wont get a complete crimp.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X