X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting wet bottles into cardboard boxes

Hey all
    I use a 6 head meheen.
    Right now my setup is that I label before bottling, so I end up with ready to go bottles coming out of the meheen. They get sprayed with water after capping so I stack them on a pallet, give them the night with a fan on to let them dry a bit, and package into cardboard cases the morning after. Im trying to speed things up, Any issues with putting them wet into my cardoard case straight after bottling?
    Thanks alot

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a PITA SOP. Many folks use an air knife to cut the water off the bottle before casing, taping, stacking, and bringing into the cooler. Bottles shouldn't sweat too much if they are put in an enclosed carton, sealed, and then put into your cold room.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

LagerBear,
      we are running a six-head Meheen and pre-labeling as well. Our bottles come right off the bottler and straight into six-pack baskets which are in cardboard case boxes. Zero issues with the bottles being wet.
      Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
        LagerBear,
        we are running a six-head Meheen and pre-labeling as well. Our bottles come right off the bottler and straight into six-pack baskets which are in cardboard case boxes. Zero issues with the bottles being wet.
        Prost!
        Dave
        Thank Dave
        Afrer casing, are you putting them in a cold room? I'm not, they get delivered to a wearhouse (not cooled) the morning after so they just stay at the brewery for the night. I wonder if sweating due to the temp change (0C in the fermentor to 20-30C ambient temp here in Israel) is an issue.

Comment

Yes, mine go straight into the cold room. I can see how the sweating can cause the cardboard to wilt. Have your accounts complained about this?
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
            Yes, mine go straight into the cold room. I can see how the sweating can cause the cardboard to wilt. Have your accounts complained about this?
            Nope. I'm letting them dry for the night before casing, but want to change my SOP to speed things up. Guess Ill have to experiment some.
            Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X