diy can rinser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diy can rinser

We have a small semi-manual can filler that purges and fills two cans at a time. I have not used it yet and need to come up with an efficient way to rinse the cans. We're small at 5bbl and would maybe fill 1-2bbl in cans per run. I've thought it would be simple to fill a plastic tote with sanitizer and just drop in the cans. But a more "elegant" idea is to use a glass washer for each can before it is placed into the filler. I'm thinking I could fill a small keg (sixtel or corny) with sanitizer and add a little pressure and then drop the drain hose into a sink or other catch vessel. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

We do 100 cases of cans a day using the tub & dunk method with a Cask manual 2-head filler & seamer. On the other hand, I use a homebrewing-style bottle rinser with a small submersible pump in a tub of sanitizer with a foot switch to sanitize & rinse 750ml bottles at my cidery. We do over 100 cases a day there easily. So it just depends what you want. I think that you may find the glass rinser for a single can at a time just too slow. Wouldn't take much effort to try it though!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

We are just using sinks to dunk and rinse the cans. Let them drain for a few minutes on the bar mat while filling the rest. Easily do 2-3bbl this way filling from the tap and using an Oktober seamer.

Comment

Fill a keg up with sanitizer/ or your rinsing fluid. Hook it up with tubing to a glass rinser that you would normally see mounted in a bar top, add pressure. Done!

Comment

I rigged up a faucet bottle washer attachment to a sanke coupler. This is what I use for bottles. It could work for cans as well if you just push down with the edge of the can.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Working...
            X