Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Xpress fill carbonated filler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Xpress fill carbonated filler?

If anyone is using this filler, please let me know your opinion of it.

Thanks,

Rich

We just received one last Friday. It works pretty well for what it is. We're using it for 22 oz bombers and we're getting around 4 bottles per minute with it. This works out to be around two pallets per day for a team of two. Time will tell if it can handle the rigors, but I also have another time filler from them and I have not had any problems with it.

If you do get one, make sure to pull the back off and double check all the gas and beer connections. One came loose during shipping and we had a bit of a leak in there. But it was a fairly quick fix. The other problem is the probe uses electrical conductivity to determine if the bottle is full. As cold beer flows through, condensation will build up and make the connectin. The solution is to just have a napkin handy and wipe between the lines to get the condensation out. Other than those, I haven't had any other problems other than having to choose two poor assistant brewers who have to sit and bottle beer for eight hours.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything in the description (or the price!) that indicates a pre-purge with CO2 or N2.... am I missing something?

I would be worried about bottle airs, maybe even with bottle-conditioned beers; yeast can't eat up all that unpurged 02, can it?

Comment

It does pre purge

Originally posted by uptown brothers View Post
        I'm not seeing anything in the description (or the price!) that indicates a pre-purge with CO2 or N2.... am I missing something?

I would be worried about bottle airs, maybe even with bottle-conditioned beers; yeast can't eat up all that unpurged 02, can it?
        I asked the mfgr. yesterday and it indeed does a CO2 pre-purge.

Considering buying one of these and curious of other experiences.

BK

Comment

The description calls for a canister of CO2, to pressurize and carbonate your tank or keg, and a pressurized container, to allow your product to flow from high to low pressure, through the machine.

Can anyone with one of these in operation please post a picture of the complete setup?

Comment

Hi there,

Do you have any updates on how this is working out for you? Many thanks

Originally posted by enickohasan View Post
            We just received one last Friday. It works pretty well for what it is. We're using it for 22 oz bombers and we're getting around 4 bottles per minute with it. This works out to be around two pallets per day for a team of two. Time will tell if it can handle the rigors, but I also have another time filler from them and I have not had any problems with it.

If you do get one, make sure to pull the back off and double check all the gas and beer connections. One came loose during shipping and we had a bit of a leak in there. But it was a fairly quick fix. The other problem is the probe uses electrical conductivity to determine if the bottle is full. As cold beer flows through, condensation will build up and make the connectin. The solution is to just have a napkin handy and wipe between the lines to get the condensation out. Other than those, I haven't had any other problems other than having to choose two poor assistant brewers who have to sit and bottle beer for eight hours.

Comment

We like our Xpress Filler.

We got one and it works pretty well for bombers. I recommend it to get things started. We added a Meheen for our 12 oz. bottles, as this cannot do any large quantities at that size.

Comment

Originally posted by I H8 UM View Post
                We got one and it works pretty well for bombers. I recommend it to get things started. We added a Meheen for our 12 oz. bottles, as this cannot do any large quantities at that size.
                Thanks! A couple more questions;

- How much can you bottle per hour or day in your experience?
                - Using how many people?
                - Do you think a logical upgrade path might be to have 2 machines set next to eachother?
                - Any experience with them as a company for general communication or support issues?

(I'm looking at bottling about 500L per week in 350ml bottles)

Cheers
                Last edited by 438; 08-26-2016, 04:37 AM.

Comment

We were considering one of these and went with a much less expensive Fill Boss which we love..a bit slower but it's also much less expensive...I guess it really depends on the volume you want to put out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 438 View Post
                    Hi there,

Do you have any updates on how this is working out for you? Many thanks
                    It works fairly well. We maintained about 3-4 22 oz bombers per minute, which gave us a pallet of bottles per day. Depending on how often and how much you plan on bottling, it works pretty well for smaller runs. We outgrew it pretty quickly though.

We had to use kegs to run it so we could get a higher pressure for the counter pressure filling. Not really a problem, just more of an annoyance when you have to do 7 bbls of bottling to fill and switch the kegs. And the condensation on the probe caused it to prematurely stop filling sometimes. Two people could fairly easily manage to do a pallet of 22 oz bottles in a 9 hour day. Good for smaller operations, not so good for larger operations.

Comment

XpressFill 2500

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

We are a 4BBL system operating without a true brite currently and are carbonating and kegging off our 1/2 jacketed FVs. In the summer we struggle to get a beer below 37. Mostly because everything is crammed into a 280 square foot room and it gets warm in there. We can get our kegs to a lower temp and may have to go this route with bottling.

We'd love to add 22oz to the line-up and are considering an XF 2500. We would also like to bottle some of our ciders and are curious if anyone has successfully accomplished this.

Are there any other users out there who can offer any input?

Perhaps some of the would be buyers that have posted to this thread have since pulled the trigger and purchased this unit. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Anyone bottling around the 37 degree mark? (sounds a wee bit crazy, but you gotta ask)

Anyone filling anything other than 22oz bombers?

Anyone filling bottles with cider?

Anyone regret buying this unit?

Cheers All,

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                      X