No announcement yet.

Chinese wrap around labeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still nothing from me as far as the operation yet, havent heard any complaints from backchannel. ours is in storage until buildout is finished. One thing i may be able to add is they used name brand shneider electric components for some of the automation components, so i was pretty happy with that.

Comment

Another option. Similar approach, but will do front and back labeling. Price is higher due to support and parts here in the USA.https://youtu.be/OrhVqmxT-cE

Comment

Where did you source this labeler? I'd be interested for our other breweries.

Comment

I just ordered a "PFL70" from a chinese vendor: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...432273108.html
          Paid 1715 USD incl sea freight to Norway.

Comment

Anybody with new experience here? If you have been satisfied with your Chinese labeler, can you pls share a link of what you purchased?

I do have questions about support. Have you had any problems? Have you needed support from them? If so, how did it go?

How do you deal with service on the machine if it's needed?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by rausKristian View Post
              I just ordered a "PFL70" from a chinese vendor: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...432273108.html
              Paid 1715 USD incl sea freight to Norway.
              Has your labeller arrived? What's your opinion on it?

Comment

Originally posted by SpectrumAle View Post

Has your labeller arrived? What's your opinion on it?
                Sorry the late reply. No it hasn't arrived yet. It's sent by boat :O

Kristian

Comment

I am looking at a similar labeller, some offer the option of a date coder for not much more money. Has anyone got experience with the date coder? I would be interested to hear how you program what it prints and how you adjust where it prints on your label. Thanks!

Comment

Just wondering if we could get a performance update from anyone in this thread who has purchased a Chinese made labeller?

Comment

We got ours in a wooden crate as per normal from China. Looked nicely built - but no manual. I had to message the vendor through Alibaba to get information on how to thread the labels - there are a lot of twists and turns, so no obvious way to do it. After reaching out to them, I got a video of a shirtless Chinese employee who showed me on tape how to thread the labels

After a lot of tinkering we got it to work for us - the challenge with my machine is that it has a few variables you have to alter in relation to each other: belt speed, "bottle twister belt"-speed, labeler speed, stop delay (how much of the label will be left out for hefting after dispensing) and labeler-delay.

We originally purchased this to suit our 4-600 bph bottling line, but in the period of waiting for it to arrive, we bought a Merkl 12/3 2000 bph bottling line - so now we're in the market for a better labeler

Comment

I figured I'd bump an old thread here. We purchased a Youlian MT-130 on eBay for just over $3200 all in, including freight shipping to our door. The way Youlian does model numbers is the label max height on the MT-130 is 130mm, MT-100 is 100mm, etc. They stock them in a west coast warehouse. If our brewery was in a more populous area with daily motor carrier service, we would have had it in a matter of days, but I digress.

I was happy with the shipping tracking follow up and when we uncrated the machine, I was very impressed with how robust it is. The biggest disappointment is the lack of documentation on the programmable parameters for the machine. It took about 14 hours tinkering to figure out what the parameter adjustments do. There are two photo eyes on the machine, one to verify there's a label in the queue, the other fires the label when it sees the can. Calibrating the photo sensors seemed to be the key to getting the feed to work correctly. If we would have done that first, we might have saved a good deal of time. It didn't help that the sensor documentation that was in the manual was for a unit they used to supply on the machines. The one we got has a Panasonic sensor so you can find documentation and some videos out there.

We played with the conveyor and belt speeds until we found our sweet spot and finally came up with a combo that worked for our purposes. Adjustment of the label height and sponge tension is super easy. We also figured out roughly a can's width spacing between cans or 1.5 times that seems to get more consistent results.

This is pretty close to a Pack Leader Elf and not so sure it's not the same manufacturer as the Elf that I've seen in another brewery was made in China or Taiwan.

If you are not technologically savvy, it might be worth paying the price for a Pack Leader so you have the tech support after the sale. I'm still working with Youlian to try and get some kind of programming support. If anyone else orders one (I'm assuming this might be sold under other names) I'm happy to send some photos of the settings that finally worked for us on 12 oz. standard cans.

We had been using a Zap labeler prior to this, it takes about three minutes to do a case with it, this should be a major improvement for us. I'm fortunate I had a friend who is fairly savvy with most things to help me get this dialed in. I think I might have eventually figured it all out but it helped me be able to focus on other things I needed to.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X